Throughout Elsevier, we share the research community’s belief in what science can achieve. Many of our people began their careers in science and medicine. Elsevier's tools and highly structured content enable a bird’s eye view to assess the research landscape and provide insights. #ScienceIntoSociety is our small contribution to some of the pressing challenges facing human health.
In this spirit, we're putting our own tools and content to task. We apply expertise in data science and bibliometrics to vast quantities of high-quality data, including the peer-reviewed research published by Elsevier and others, to understand the state of research in critical areas of human health. Utilizing sophisticated platforms such as SciVal and Scopus, we identify insights and hi-potential paths for further inquiry. Our analysts seek to reveal the intersections between science and health with the aim of getting science into society.
Here, you can access collections of recent analyses that have implications for some of the most pressing conditions impacting human health. Check back as we continue to update and add topics.
Alzheimer’s Disease Research Insights: Impacts, Trends, Opportunities
Alzheimer’s disease affects more than 45 million people around the globe. Elsevier colleagues analyzed Alzheimer’s research published worldwide since the 1970s, giving a comprehensive overview of the past 50 years.
- Improve clinical outcomes through evidence-based care. Read about Elsevier's Clinical Solutions
- Gain insights to improve decision-making and answer critical research questions. Read about Elsevier's Research Intelligence.
- Keep your eye on global research with Scopus.
- Access peer-reviewed literature from the world’s leading research platform: ScienceDirect
Melanoma Research Insights: Impact, Trends, Opportunities
The incidence of melanoma has risen rapidly over the past 50 years, and an analysis of the research landscape suggests that countries and institutions globally are responding: Resources are being invested not only in understanding the epidemiology, but in discovering and testing novel therapies and improving diagnostics to facilitate earlier detection.
- Read Elsevier’s report on international trends in melanoma research.
- Discover how Elsevier's Via Oncology platform is helping clinicians improve outcomes for patients with the story of melanoma survivor Robert Tow and his oncologist, Dr. Ray Page.