About Expert Lookup
Expert Lookup is an online tool that helps you identify scientific experts in just three easy steps. Find the researchers who meet your funding priorities and locate the right reviewers for papers and grant applications based on text mining of abstracts. You can also use Expert Lookup to identify potential conflicts of interest around co-authorship and funding streams. Expert Lookup can also expand your understanding of who is active in a research field.
Expert Lookup® uses the powerful Elsevier Fingerprint Engine® algorithms, Scopus's citation database of over 70 million records and 10 discipline-specific thesauri to ensure the recommended experts are relevant and truly thought leaders in their fields.
Using Expert Lookup has been a time saver on a large scale.
Manager of pre-award support, European Science Foundation
I work in a governmental research funding organization and make use of Expert Lookup in order to find experts to assess researcher project proposals. The tool is very helpful and time saving.
Special Advisor, Research Council of Norway
It has a very positive impact on my work within a grant agency panel.
Associate Professor, Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci
Case study: The Search for the Right Reviewers Results in Increased Productivity- The Research Council of Norway
Learn more about how Expert Lookup saves the Research Council of Norway weeks of time each year.
- Text mining that leads to precise matches between incoming proposals and potential, unbiased reviewers
- Search by subject area, even in niche areas of research, to discover experts
- Identify experts from over 16 million author profiles across disciplines based on Elsevier's Scopus® database
- Ability to build a bank of qualified reviewers
- Choice of thesauri so you can search using discipline specific semantics including: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Medicine & Life Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Geoscience, Social Science, Arts & Humanities, Business & Economics
- Import your own list of experts and check if they are qualified to evaluate your grants
- Filter and refine results with your precise search needs including country, market, and h-Index, and institutional affiliation
- Identify experts’ prior awards history
Make the peer review process more reliable and efficient
Expert Lookup instantly generates an Elsevier Fingerprint Engine index of the grant application or paper abstract.
Our team of consultants move beyond data to provide powerful insights when measuring research performance. The resulting insights answer pressing research management questions and inform decisions related to funding initiatives, their return on investment and outputs to help assess and design funding programs.