The EES Support Team shares its top troubleshooting tips
From login issues to user profile consolidation, the EES team provides some useful answers to its most commonly received queries
By Sara Almeida and Jennifer Edwards Posted on 14 August 2014
Log in issues
When logging into the Elsevier Editorial System (EES), are you stuck in a loop? Did you change your password, but it still does not work?
There are two options to fix this problem: try a different browser or try clearing the cache and cookies on the browser you are currently using.
- A browser is a tool used to view the internet. Examples included Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
- Cache and cookies are where the memory of your passwords and browsing history is stored within your browser.
Try a different browser
This is the most popular option; many people prefer not to clear their cache and cookies as this will also clear their remembered passwords across all websites.
Using Safari on a Mac may lead to issues with the Forgotten Password process in EES. If this is the case, we would suggest you try Mozilla Firefox, which you can download free of charge.
Clearing your cache and cookies
The following links provide instructions for clearing the cache and cookies for different browsers as the process varies.
Still having problems?
- Please close any additional EES windows you may have open.
- Add an 's' at the end of http in the EES URL and then try again, e.g. https://ees.elsevier.com/sigpro
- Deactivate the auto-complete function in the web browser you are using. This link provides easy instructions for this.
If you have any questions, you are always welcome to contact our EES Support Team. Contact details are included at the end of this article.
You are not receiving emails from EES
Did you know that your institution mailbox server or your personal mail box can prevent you receiving emails from us?
We would advise you to add our domain 'eesmail.elsevier.com' to your Safe Senders or Safe Recipients list.
For further details and help, please see the following link: Elsevier Editorial System (EES) Email Not Received
Your EES consolidated profile
In December 2012, user profile consolidation made it possible for users to link their EES journal accounts so that they can use the same username and password for each account and more easily update their personal information. This also improves the security of personal data on EES as only the individual user is allowed to make changes.
Below, we explain how you can confirm whether your account is consolidated:
- If you personally did not change your username and it now displays your full email address, it means that you have created your consolidated profile within EES.
- If you see 'Add your account to consolidated profile?' it means that YES you have a consolidated profile; however, your account for this particular journal is not yet linked to it. Click here to find out more.
Please note: the password for your consolidated profile must contain capital and lower case letters and numbers. This is for security reasons.
For further support on the consolidation process, please see below:
How to contact the EES Support Team
If you have any inquiries about EES the Support Team is always happy to help. You can contact them via the channels below:
Oxford: +44 1865 84 35 77
Tokyo: +81 3 5561 50 32
General email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit support.elsevier.com and click on the chat icon in the top right hand corner.
Customer Service Advisor
Senior Customer Service Representative
St Louis, US