It’s no secret the UK punches well above its weight in research and innovation, and Elsevier is proud to serve its research community. The UK accounts for just 2.5% of the world's R&D funding and 4% of the world's researchers, but nearly 7.% of the world's research articles and 14% of the most highly cited articles.
As a publisher of quality research with 2,600+ journals — and as an information analytics provider — Elsevier is committed to supporting the UK's knowledge economy and research base.
Supporting the UK knowledge economy
- Elsevier has helped 56,000+ researchers and 155 academic and government institutions as a data provider and partner
for prestigious rankings, customised analytical reports and national assessments.
- Over the past decade, we've partnered with the Department for Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) to provide data and analytics on how the UK performs globally.
- In 2021, we supported the UK’s first Knowledge Exchange Framework (KEF), enabling English universities to better understand and improve their performance, and businesses to access the world-class expertise of these institutions.
Supporting higher education
- Since 2017, we have supported 7 Centres for Doctoral Training across the UK.
- Our gift to Oxford University has enabled them to establish new fellowships for early-career mathematicians.
- Through the Elsevier Early Career Researcher UK Awards, we have rewarded 35 researchers for making a significant contribution to their field and society.
- We work with 20 of the 24 Russell Group Universities, helping them customize our analytics tools to
meet their needs.
Employing 1,560 people across the UK
Elsevier operations 5 sites across the UK, employing 1,560 people. Through our international technology hub in London, we tap into the UK's extensive tech talent and partner with leading universities.
comments powered by Disqus