Food Chemistry publishes original research papers dealing with the advancement of the chemistry and biochemistry of foods or the analytical methods/ approach used. All papers should focus on the novelty of the research carried out.
- Chemistry relating to major and minor components of food, their nutritional, physiological, sensory, flavour and microbiological aspects;
- Bioactive constituents of foods, including antioxidants, phytochemicals, and botanicals. Data must accompany sufficient discussion to demonstrate their relevance to food and/or food chemistry;
- Chemical and biochemical composition and structure changes in molecules induced by processing, distribution and domestic conditions;
- Effects of processing on the composition, quality and safety of foods, other bio-based materials, by-products, and processing wastes;
- Chemistry of food additives, contaminants, and other agro-chemicals, together with their metabolism, toxicology and food fate.
For more information, please visit: www.journals.elsevier.com/food-chemistry