Reaxys SCI Small Research Grant
Elsevier and Società Chimica Italiana (SCI) work together to accelerate innovation by promoting collaboration between industry and academia, and establishing R&D Centres of Excellence to train the next generation of chemists and biochemists.
The Reaxys SCI Small Research Grant aims to support Italian researchers at an advanced stage of their career. It is intended to help them progress further on previously conducted research. The grant is one aspect of a collaboration between Società Chimica Italiana (SCI) and Elsevier.
The Reaxys SCI Small Research Grant is open to:
- Individual and organization members of SCI
- Research group leaders, lecturers and postdoctoral researchers with 2–6 years of research experience in the chemical and/or biological sciences
The award consists of three grants of €5,000.
How to apply and key dates
Submissions of proposals for the Reaxys SCI Small Research Grant will be accepted from September 15 to December 15, 2019 and should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The proposal should include the following:
- A project description or experiment built on previous research including statements describing potential societal impact and the expected outcome of the project or planned experiment with clear timelines. The proposal should not exceed 2,000 words, excluding the references
- The curriculum vitae or résumé of the applicant
- A letter of recommendation or endorsement provided to the applicant by their head of department or postdoctoral supervisor. The letter should include the relationship to the applicant and the reason for recommending or endorsing the applicant
The best 5 proposals will be selected in March 2020. The 3 winners of the grant will be notified in May 2020.
For more information or to apply, contact us at email@example.com.
Download the flyer (PDF, 334.9 KB) for more details.