Abstract Submission Deadline: 21 June 2019
Oral and paper abstracts are now invited on the below topics. They should be submitted using the online abstract submission system.
Materials development and analysis
- New concepts for implant materials (additive manufacturing; orthopedicorthopedic, dental, neural implants; soft and hard tissue replacement)
- Dynamic biomaterials, self-organization, self-healing, and mechanochemical responsiveness
- Measurement methods for mechanical properties, biocompatibility, tribology and haptics
- Microstructure-property relationships for biological and implant materials
- Advanced characterization methods (spectral CT, in-situ and liquid cell TEM, synchrotron methods, small angle scattering)
- Micromechanics of biological materials (bone, cartilage, tissue, arteries, teeth)
Modeling and simulation of biomaterials and tissues
- Multiscale modelling and simulation of tissue mechanical properties
- Modeling of soft tissue, hydrogels, and interpenetrating networks
- Skin mechanics, haptics and tactile response
- Simulation and optimization of implant materials
- Modeling of self-organization, self-healing, and mechanochemistry in biomaterials
- Modeling of cell-material interactions, uptake and toxicological response
- Applications of machine learning
Biological interactions and biomedical functions
- New materials concepts for regenerative medicine and tissue engineering
- Quantification of cell dynamics, adhesion and proliferation
- Advanced imaging methods of biological surfaces and cell components
- In vivo studies of implant performance, implications for surgical procedures
- Mechanobiology, sensing and actuation
Concepts and applications of bioinspired designs
- Biological inspiration, biomimetic materials and biomimicry (adhesion, wetting, non-fouling, anti-icing, aerodynamics and aeroacoustics)
- Hierarchical structure formation, surface patterning and functionalization (multifunctional material concepts, drug release strategies)
- Reliability and performance limits of bioinspired solutions, sustainability and efficiency improvement
- Bioinspired concepts in applications, medical devices and commercialization
Successfully submitted abstracts will be acknowledged with an electronic receipt including an abstract reference number, which should be quoted in all correspondence. Allow at least 2 hours for your receipt to be returned to you.
Once the paper is accepted, at least one of the authors must register for the conference and present the paper at the conference.
Abstracts of all accepted contributions will be included within the online abstract system which will be distributed to all registered conference participants.
For revisions or queries regarding papers already submitted:
If you do not receive acknowledgement for your abstract submission or you wish to make any essential revisions to an abstract already submitted, please DO NOT RESUBMIT your abstract, as this may lead to duplication. Please email the CCE, Irene Cyrilraj (Please do not email credit card information under any circumstances), with details of any revisions or queries. Please quote your reference number if you have one.