The JMBBM Early Career Researcher Award - Open for Nominations
Eligibility requirements include at least one paper accepted for publication in the Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials (JMBBM) – submit here
This award, given by the Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials (JMBBM), aims to give recognition to an early career researcher working in the field of interest of the journal, who has shown promise as evidenced by scholarly publications and leadership in research activities.
Rules and eligibility:
- The nominee must be an early career Ph.D. level scientist or engineer who has made notable contributions to the mechanical behavior of biological materials and/or biomaterials.
- The nominee shall be within 10 years of the granting of their PhD on the closing date for applications.
- Application deadline is September 30, 2019 – submit here and upload 1) a CV or biosketch with a brief statement of research and impact, 2) am electronic copy of at least one paper accepted at JMBBM.
- Prior to the nomination deadline, the nominee shall have at least one paper accepted for publication in the Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials (JMBBM). Submit your paper to JMBBM here: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-the-mechanical-behavior-of-biomedical-materials
- Consideration will be given to the number and quality of the applicant’s publications, and to evidence of leadership in research such as: establishing a research group; obtaining funding; activities in relation to conferences and other events.
- In accepting this award, the recipient agrees to serve a minimum two-year term on the editorial board of the Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials where they will be paired with a mentor to co-edit a special topical journal issue. See the special issue edited by past winner Prof. Amir A. Zadpoor.
The winner will receive:
- A certificate recording their achievement.
- Free registration and an honorarium of $500 towards their travel expenses to attend the 8th International Conference on the Mechanics of Biomaterials and Tissues (15-19 December 2019, Waikoloa Beach, Hawaii, USA), at which they will be invited to take part in an award ceremony and to make a presentation on their work.
- Membership of the Editorial Board of Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials for a period of two years. During this time the awardee will act as guest editor for a special issue of the journal, assisted and mentored by a member of the Board.