The JMBBM Early Career Researcher Award
This award, given by the Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, aims to give recognition to an early career researcher working in the field of interest of the journal, who has shown promise as evidenced by scholarly publications and leadership in research activities.
Rules and eligibility:
- The nominee must be an early career Ph.D. level scientist or engineer who has made notable contributions to the mechanical behavior of biological materials and/or biomaterials.
- The nominee shall be within 10 years of the granting of their PhD on the closing date for applications.
- Prior to the nomination deadline, the nominee shall have at least one paper accepted for publication in the Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials.
- Consideration will be given to the number and quality of the applicant’s publications, and to evidence of leadership in research such as: establishing a research group; obtaining funding; activities in relation to conferences and other events.
- In accepting this award, the recipient agrees to serve a minimum two-year term on the editorial board of the Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials where they will be paired with a mentor to co-edit a special topical journal issue.
- The deadline for applications is 15th October 2017.
- Applicants should submit a resume (curriculum vitae) including a list of publications as a PDF or Word file.
- Applicants should submit a short (maximum 1-page) statement highlighting their achievements, as a PDF or Word file, and include a suggested topic for a special issue of the Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials.
- No supporting letters from referees should be included.
- Click here to enter
The winner will receive:
- A certificate recording their achievement.
- Free registration and an honorarium of $500 towards their travel expenses to attend the 7th International Conference on the Mechanics of Biomaterials and Tissues, at which they will be invited to take part in an award ceremony and to make a presentation on their work.
- Membership of the Editorial Board of Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials for a period of two years. During this time the awardee will act as guest editor for a special issue of the journal, assisted and mentored by a member of the Board.