7th International Conference on Mechanics of Biomaterials and Tissues
10 - 14 December 2017 | Marriott Waikoloa Beach, Hawaii, USA
We are pleased to announce that the seventh conference in the series returns to Hawaii. The 7th International Conference on Mechanics of Biomaterials and Tissues (ICMOBT) will take place from the 10 - 14 December 2017 in Waikoloa, Hawaii, USA.
Register early and save!
Deadline: 22 September 2017
Submit your poster abstracts!
Organised every two years, ICMOBT provides a unique international forum for researchers and practicing engineers from different disciplines to interact and exchange their latest results.
Materials development and analysis
- New concepts for implant materials (structural, neural implants, soft and hard tissue replacement)
- Measurement methods for mechanical properties, biocompatibility, tribology and haptics
- Microstructure-property relationships for biological and implant materials
- Advanced characterization methods (in-situ and liquid cell TEM, synchrotron methods, small angle scattering)
- Micromechanics of biological materials (bone, cartilage, tissue, arteries, teeth)
Modeling and simulation of biomaterials and tissues
- Multiscale modelling and simulation of tissue mechanical properties
- Modeling of soft tissue, hydrogels, and interpenetrating networks
- Skin mechanics, haptics and tactile response
- Simulation and optimization of implant materials
- Modeling of cell-material interactions, uptake and toxicological response
Biological and biomedical functions
- New materials concepts for regenerative medicine and tissue engineering
- Quantification of cell dynamics, adhesion and proliferation
- Advanced imaging methods of biological surfaces and cell components
- In vivo studies of implant performance, implications for surgical procedures
- Dynamic biomaterials, self-organization and responsiveness
- Mechanobiology, sensing and actuation
Concepts and applications of bioinspired designs
- Biological inspiration, biomimetic materials and biomimicry (adhesion, wetting, non-fouling, anti-icing, aerodynamics)
- Hierarchical structure formation and surface patterning and functionalization (multifunctional material concepts, drug release strategies)
- Reliability and performance limits of bioinspired solutions, sustainability and efficiency improvement
- Bioinspired concepts in applications, prototypes and commercialization
Join the Conversation
Conference hashtag #icmobt17