30th International Conference on Diamond and Carbon Materials
8-12 September 2019 | Melia Lebreros, Seville, Spain
In 2019, the 30th edition of the International Conference on Diamond and Carbon Materials will be held in Seville, Spain. The meeting will continue to feature high level research on a wide range of carbon-based materials.
Besides the traditional focus on diamond, carbon nanotubes, and graphene, novel research on other carbon-based materials will be highlighted. This meeting traditionally spans the complete spectrum from materials preparation, over fundamental physical and chemical concepts, to applied research zooming in on novel device concepts making use of the remarkable properties of carbon materials. Through the DCM Young Scholar Award and DCM Early Career Research Award, the participation of the next generation of scientists is highly encouraged, creating a vibrant forum where scientists from all over the world can meet to discuss and exchange their latest cutting-edge results on diamond and carbon materials.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Deposition and doping of diamond, carbon nanotubes, graphene, etc.
- Physical and chemical modification of carbon materials
- Diamond devices for power electronics, optoelectronics and sensors
- Quantum technology based on carbon
- Defect engineering and colour centres in diamond
- Carbon nanodots and particles
- Theory and computational modelling of carbon materials
- Carbon-based heterostructures with novel oxide and nitride materials
- Low temperature physics in carbon based materials
- Carbon materials under pressure and/or in high magnetic fields
- Principles of carbon surface physics and chemistry for energy harvesting and storage
- Device concepts using novel carbon materials for electronics, sensors, etc.
- Composites based on carbon nanomaterials