About Expert Lookup
Expert Lookup is an online tool that helps you to identify scientific experts in just three easy steps. Find the researchers who meet your funding priorities and locate the right reviewers for papers and grant applications based on text mining of abstracts. You can also use Expert Lookup to identify potential conflicts of interest around co-authorship and funding streams. Expert Lookup can also expand your understanding of who is active in a research field.
Expert Lookup uses Elsevier’s powerful Fingerprinting algorithms, Scopus's citation database of over 57 million records and 10 discipline-specific thesauri to ensure the recommended experts are relevant and definitely considered leaders in their fields.
Reviewer Finder becomes > Expert Lookup
As part of the evolution of the product, we have relaunched Reviewer Finder as Expert Lookup with a host of new features. (In English)
- Text mining that leads to precise matches between incoming proposals and potential reviewers
- Searching by subject area to discover experts for special journal issues as both authors and reviewers.
- Identification of experts from approximately 15 million author profiles across disciplines based on Elsevier's Scopus® database
- Ability to build a bank of qualified reviewers
- Choice of thesauri so you can search using discipline-specific semantics including: mathematics, physics, chemistry, medicine & life science, engineering, agriculture, geoscience, social science, arts & humanities, business & economics
- Import your own list of experts and check if they are qualified to evaluate your grants
This catalogue introduces custom analytical report services for funders to measure research and funding programme performance.