The Reaxys PhD Prize
The Reaxys PhD Prize is the world’s most prestigious award for PhD students in the chemical sciences. This unique global competition is judged by world-renowned chemists and celebrates ambition, innovation and rigor in research. Finalists have the opportunity to join an exclusive community of chemists that includes leading university, government and industry researchers.
Apply for the Reaxys PhD Prize 2019
The Reaxys PhD Prize 2019 is open to anyone currently doing a PhD in the chemical sciences or who completed their PhD after January 1, 2018. The application process is simple. Students must supply an article that showcases their work, their CV, a short personal statement and a letter of recommendation from their PhD supervisor. Submissions will be accepted in the first quarter of 2019.
A committee of expert reviewers will look at all the submissions, applying rigorous selection criteria to choose 45 finalists, who will receive:
- An invitation to present their research at the Prize Symposium, where 3 winners are selected and awarded the prize money
- Lifelong membership in the Prize Club, a unique international network of 350+ chemists from all research areas and career paths
- Personal and unlimited access to the rich content of Reaxys and Reaxys Medicinal Chemistry
The Reaxys Prize Club
All finalists of the Reaxys PhD Prize are invited to join this elite group of influential chemists. Over the years, their careers have developed, so the membership now encompasses all fields of chemical sciences research and the full span of academic and industry positions.
“Building your networking is the true value of being a Prize Club member and it will be invaluable treasure to build your career." – Reaxys Prize Club Member
The benefits of the Reaxys Prize Club include:
- Private events: Unique networking events to meet collaborators and mentors in your research area
- Free access to Reaxys: Personal and unlimited access to Reaxys and Reaxys Medicinal Chemistry, including online training sessions
- Book discounts: 20–30% discounts on Elsevier chemistry books
- Reduced conference fees: Preferential rates for over 40 annual Elsevier conferences
Learn more about the Reaxys PhD Prize here.