Tetrahedron Young Investigator Award
The Tetrahedron Young Investigator Awards were created in 2005 by the Executive Board of Editors and the Publisher of Tetrahedron Publications. These two new awards will be presented to two individuals who have exhibited "exceptional creativity and dedication" in the fields of Organic Synthesis and of Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry respectively.
The winners each receive US $3,000, a certificate, and an invitation to present a plenary lecture during the annual Tetrahedron Symposium. Furthermore, two Symposium-in-Print will be compiled in their honor. As with the Tetrahedron Prize for Creativity in Organic Chemistry, which these awards complement, the awards are made on an annual basis. Each award will have a separate voting committee, with the Editors of Tetrahedron, Tetrahedron Letters, and Tetrahedron: Asymmetry voting on the Organic Synthesis Award, and the Editors of Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, and Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, voting on the Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Award. Members of the voting committees may not be candidates, nor make nominations.
Deadline for the 2017 nominations has passed
To nominate candidates, please send a document (as PDF) containing the following elements:
- Which category your nomination falls under : (1) Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry or (2) Organic Synthesis
- The nominee’s name and current affiliation and/or contact details
- The nominee’s date of birth
- The nominee’s website
- A biographical sketch
- A summary of the nominee's past achievements (up to 1500 words)
- Description why he/she should be considered for award
- A list of no more than 15 of the nominee’s key publications
- Name, affiliation and contact details of the person making the nomination
- Two supporting letters (may be submitted as separate documents).
Please send all nominations to Barbara Plasmans
Self-nominations will not be considered.
Should you have any questions concerning the award, please contact the Publisher, Jan Willem Wijnen.