Tetrahedron Young Investigator Award
The Tetrahedron Young Investigator Awards were created in 2005 by the Executive Board of Editors and the Publisher of Tetrahedron Publications. These two awards will be presented to two individuals under the age of 40 who have exhibited "exceptional creativity and dedication" in the fields of Organic Synthesis and of Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry respectively.
The winners each receive US $3,000, a certificate, and an invitation to present a plenary lecture during the annual Tetrahedron Symposium. Furthermore, two Special Issues will be compiled in their honor. As with the Tetrahedron Prize for Creativity in Organic Chemistry, which these awards complement, the awards are made on an annual basis. Each award will have a separate voting committee, with the Editors of Tetrahedron and Tetrahedron Letters, voting on the Organic Synthesis Award, and the Editors of Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, and Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, voting on the Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Award. Members of the voting committees may not be candidates, nor make nominations.
The deadline for nominations is 31 March 2019.
To nominate candidates, please send a document (as PDF) containing the following elements:
- Which category your nomination falls under : (1) Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry or (2) Organic Synthesis
- The nominee’s name and current affiliation and/or contact details
- The nominee’s date of birth (Nominee must be under 40 years of age on July 1st 2019)
- The nominee’s website
- A biographical sketch
- A summary of the nominee's past achievements (up to 1000 words)
- Description why he/she should be considered for award
- A list of no more than 10 of the nominee’s key publications
- Name, affiliation and contact details of the person making the nomination
- Two supporting letters (may be submitted as separate documents).
Please send all nominations to Chareita Smit-Gajadhar
Self-nominations will not be considered.
Should you have any questions concerning the award, please contact the Publisher, Jan Willem Wijnen.