Embase serves biomedical and clinical research needs in industry and academia
We serve a global customer base that includes the world's leading and most cutting-edge pharmaceutical and biotech companies, medical research organizations and educational institutions. Embase users include drug discovery scientists and researchers, clinical researchers, regulatory affairs staff, pharmacovigilance professionals, and researchers and educators in academia.
Recommended for your success
Embase is recommended by the following regulatory bodies and authorities for maintaining awareness of safety profiles, and clinical and economic evidence:
- European Medicines Agency (EMA) - Guideline on good pharmacovigilance practices (GVP) Module VI
- European Commission - Guidance on the clinical evaluation of medical devices – MEDDEV 2.7.1 (rev. 4)
- The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) Guidelines
- Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 5.1.0
- European Medicines Agency (EMA) committee - Medicinal Products for Veterinary Use (CVMP)
- WHO Handbook for guideline development (2nd Edition)
- Joanna Briggs Institute Reviewers’ manual 2016 edition
- European network for Health Technology Assessment (EUnetHTA) - Process of information retrieval for systematic reviews and health technology assessments on clinical effectiveness (Version 1.2, December 2017)
Learn how to align the monitoring of French-language literature for adverse drug reactions.
Download the module (PDF, 185.5 KB)
We help customers improve literature monitoring for adverse events with the world’s most comprehensive biomedical literature database.
Introducing new local literature modules
To help our customers overcome the challenges the EMA requirement bring, we’re introducing new local literature modules to Embase.
Our first module is the French Local Literature Module. It enables users to align the monitoring of French-langage journals for adverse drug reactions with their global processes.
I use Embase when I want to be sure that I've checked all the scientific literature I can for information on a given drug. I mainly use it for drug-related searches because that's a key area of focus for my colleagues. Marialaura Martinico, Scientific Documentalist at Various Institutions
Read this customer story (PDF, 607.7 KB)
Medical devices development and post-market surveillance
We support every stage of medical device development with high-quality biomedical information: from concept and design all the way to post-market surveillance.
Learn how Embase supports Medical Device Development and Post-Market Surveillance
View Embase pricing options
I have an alert [via Embase] compiled to send me the newest product-related articles at the beginning of each month. This email helps me to be aware of potential hot topic requests. Dawn McMillen library resources supervisor at Stryker Orthopedics
Read this customer story (PDF, 659.8 KB)
Drug discovery & development
We help you to uncover drug-disease relationships and drug-drug interactions by providing you with critical biomedical information for drug development, re-positioning and safety.
Embase serves as an exhaustive knowledge resource … It lets us locate and annotate scientific data that is crucial for our research project communications and new scientific proposals. Avinash Permraj, Research Scientist in Biotechnology, Management of Scientific Centers
Read this customer story (PDF, 613.1 KB)