ASSA 2021 Virtual Annual Meeting
JANUARY 03 - 05 2021 (EDT)
Welcome to Elsevier at the ASSA Annual Meeting
We are pleased to invite you to visit our Elsevier virtual booth at the ASSA Annual Meeting on 3-5 January 2021 (EDT). We are here to answer your questions regarding your research, the Elsevier publishing process, and our Economics and Finance journals.
In everything we publish, we uphold the highest standards of quality and integrity at scale to provide value to our customers. We bring that same rigor to our data analytics solutions for researchers, health professionals, academic institutions and funders.
We have supported the work of our research and health partners for more than 140 years. Growing from our roots in publishing, we offer knowledge and valuable analytics that help our users make breakthroughs and drive societal progress.
Join the e-meet the Editor sessions
New Gold Open Access model launched – a deep dive with the Editor, Monday, 4th of January, 12-12.30 ET:
Editor-in-Chief of European Economic Review (EER) and European Economic Review Plus (EERP), Prof. Peter Rupert, will introduce you to EERP, the sister journal of the very well-established EER. EERP uses the new Gold Open Access model ‘Editorial Processing Charge’. Next to discussing this new Gold Open Access model, Peter will also share what kind of manuscripts he is (and not) looking for when selecting for EER and EERP.
Journal of Economic Theory: Looking back on 2020, Monday, 4th of January, 14.15-14.45 ET:
Tilman Börgers, Lead Editor of the Journal of Economic Theory (JET), will give a look behind the screens of JET. He will talk about the different routes that a submission to JET may take, and will address specifically the role of associate editors at JET - and how it differs from the role that they play at other journals.
Meet our incoming female Editors, Tuesday, 5th of January, 12-12.30 ET:
We invite you to meet and network with five incoming female Editors-in-Chief and Co-Editors of our finance journals, who will share their experience as female researchers in finance, talk about issues of gender in the publishing process and in academia, challenges they have had in their careers on the path from authorship to editorship, and give publishing tips to young authors:
- Toni Whited (University of Michigan), Journal of Financial Economics
- Kristine Hankins (University of Kentucky), Simi Kedia (Rutgers University) and Tracy Wang (University of Minnesota), Journal of Corporate Finance
- Rose Liao (Rutgers University), Emerging Markets Review
The event will have the form of a panel discussion, hosted by the publisher of the journals, with room for questions from the participants, either addressed directly or via the chat function.
Aims, scope and practice of the Journal of Mathematical Economics, Tuesday, 5th of January, 14:15-14.45 ET:
Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Mathematical Economics (JME), Prof. Andrés Carvajal, will discuss what kind of manuscripts he is (and not) looking for when selecting for JME and will explain the editorial practice followed by the journal, from submission to final decision. Including Q&A.
Elsevier Economics Journals News
We are pleased to introduce you to the EPC (Editorial Processing Charge), an innovative Gold Open Access model that supports the evolving needs of our community and higher accessibility for your paper. With the Gold Open Access EPC model, you only need to pay if your paper is selected for peer review. Authors who pay an EPC do not have to pay a submission fee or an Article Publishing Charge (APC).
Currently, two gold open access journals make use of the EPC:
Florin Bilbiie, David Levine, Isabel Mejean, Peter Rupert, Robert M. Sauer
Editors in chief:
AGE is a new open access journal that publishes rigorous economic, political science and international relations research with clear policy implications for the Asian region and Asia's role in the global economy
- Finance Journals Ecosystem
We are proud and excited to share with our community of researchers and reviewers the launch of the Finance Journals Ecosystem.
6 of our journals have enhanced their existing collaboration through the Elsevier Article Transfer Service to form an ecosystem whose purpose is to ensure your paper finds its right publication outlet and to offer you a smoother process from submission to final decision.
New Editors joining our editorial board
- We are pleased to announce Prof. Hervé Moulin joining the editorial board of Games and Economic Behavior. Hervé Moulin’s work spans five decades and ranges from the definition of equilibrium concepts to the strategic and axiomatic analysis of voting rules, cost sharing formulas and fair division protocols. He is currently Professor at the University of Glasgow
- We are pleased to announce 3 new Editors joining the Editorial Board of the Journal of Economic Theory: Marzena Rostek, University of Wisconsin, Madison, United States; Pierpaolo Battigalli, Bocconi University, Milan, Italy; Faruk Gul, Princeton University, Princeton, United States
- We are delighted to announce the next Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Financial Economics: Prof. Toni Whited, University of Michigan, starting her term on July 1, 2021. Learn more here.
- We welcome the new editorial team for the Journal of Corporate Finance, starting their term on January 1, 2021. Learn more here.
We are proud to have received strong Journal Impact Factors for our below titles
- Economic Analysis and Policy received its 1st IF of 1.973 >>Learn more
- Borsa İstanbul Review received its first Impact Factor of 2.13 >>Learn more
- Journal of Commodity Markets received its first Impact Factor of 2.286 >> Learn more
- Finance Research Letters increased its Impact Factor by 106%, to 3.537
- Emerging Markets Review increased its Impact Factor by 47%, to 3.092
Learn more about publishing with Elsevier
Publish your research Open Access
At Elsevier, we believe in open science and open access to knowledge. We’ve built a wide-ranging portfolio of Open Access publishing options for authors and researchers across all subject areas. All our accounting journals offer immediate Open Access options.
Read our report on gender in science: The researcher journey through a gender lens
Elsevier’s latest global analysis reveals progress toward gender parity, but women still trail men in number of publications and citations.
Elsevier supports the joint commitment for inclusion and diversity in publishing
Elsevier stands against racism and discrimination and endorses the joint commitment for action in inclusion and diversity in publishing.
- Identify which journals could be the best home for your scientific article with Journal Finder. Just enter your title, abstract and the area of research and you will get a list of suggestions of journals that are a good fit for your paper.
- What distinguishes a good manuscript from a bad one? Download the "get published" quick guide to get tips on how to get your paper published.
- Once you have your paper published, how do you get it noticed, read and cited? Download the "how to get your research published and then noticed" guide to find out.
Early Career Researchers resources
Navigate your research journey with Researcher Academy. Free e-learning modules developed by global experts. Career guidance and advice. Learn more on the Research Academy website.