The 4th International Conference on Ionic Liquids in Separation and Purification Technology will take place at the Meliá Sitges Hotel Congress Centre in Sitges (near Barcelona), Spain.
One of the jewels of the Mediterranean coast, Sitges is just 35 km southwest of Barcelona in the Catalan region of Spain and very easily accessible from Barcelona Airport. The town offers visitors an impressive architectural and cultural heritage together with excellent beaches, restaurants, markets and festivals.
Meliá Sitges Hotel Congress Centre is located on the Mediterranean sea-front and is only a five minute walk from the town centre and train station.
Meliá Sitges Hotel Congress Centre
Joan Salvat Papasseit, 38
Sitges - Barcelona 08870
Places of interest in the city
- The Casa de la Vila, 19th century neo-gothic building, and the Palau Maricel, which bring together medieval, renaissance and Barroque elements
- The modernist of the late 19th and beginning and early 20th centuries have left Sitges beautiful buildings such as Cau Ferrat, the studio of the writer and painter Santiago Rusiñol
- The studio-home of Rusiñol with works by El Greco, Zuloaga and Picasso
- The Maricel Museum with a collection of Romanesque, Gothic and Modern Art
- The Romantic Museum through their work deepens our understanding of 19th century Catalan society
- One of the most traditional dish is the xató, made from endive, cod, tuna, anchovies and olives, and dressed with a romescu sauce (roasted peppers, toasted almonds, garlic, oil and chilli)
- Cuttlefish stew with potatoes and ali-oli (garlic mayonnaise), tuna casserole and fideuá are other delights prepared in Sitges
The designations of origin wines from Alella, Penedés and Pla de Bages are highly recommended to accompany these dishes.