Additional benefits to attending an Elsevier conference!
After two years of working with virtual platforms, we are all looking forward to returning to face to face conferences and networking with our peers. Learning from our experiences over this time, we shall be utilizing our event platform, to offer even more benefits to our physical attendees.
- Attendees will be able to view posters (abstracts, PDF’s and video pitches) one week prior to the conference - in addition to the traditional poster boards at the in person event.
- All oral presenters will be asked to pre-record their presentation, and we will then make these available immediately after the conference (to registered attendees only), to allow delegates to watch any sessions they missed, and watch again at their leisure.
The 16th Vaccine Congress is partnering with SSRN - widen the reach of your work beyond the conference to an even broader audience.
If your research is accepted for presentation at the conference, poster authors can choose to include their abstract and poster PDF within the pre-print service SSRN, and oral presenters can include their abstract in SSRN. SSRN is open access, has DOI’s and has no publishing charges for presenters at Elsevier Conferences!
SSRN is an open access research platform used to share early-stage research, evolve ideas, measure results, and connect scholars around the world. With over 2.5 million registered users, the potential is there for your research to reach millions of SSRN viewers and subscribers around the world.
SSRN hosts conference proceedings within our library using our Proceedings Hosting solution. SSRN helps extend the reach of the papers within the proceedings, the conference event and the accepted/invited authors by hosting and distributing proceedings through our global, interdisciplinary platform. Conference proceedings on SSRN are displayed on a permanent, logo-branded page and are freely accessible to all users.
SSRN does not take copyright or exclusive rights so there are no license transfer forms for authors to fill out and authors/copyright holders are free to publish/reuse the work elsewhere without restriction from SSRN.
SSRN helps increase and measure the impact and reach of papers, including proceedings papers, in multiple other ways:
- SSRN aggregates the total downloads for all papers included in a conference proceedings.
- SSRN provides article level metrics which include total abstract views, downloads, and citations.
- SSRN is integrated with PlumX Metrics to provide article-level information on the impact and usage of papers on SSRN, including citations, social media, news and other mentions, and more.
- Second, eligible submissions are submitted to Crossref to receive an SSRN DOI which ensures the author can stake their claim in their work very early in the sharing process.
- Third, Google and other search engines crawl SSRN, so papers do appear in search results for Google, Google Scholar, etc.
- Lastly, all papers on SSRN are evaluated for distribution and posting in up to 12 of our "Subject Matter eJournals" which registered SSRN users subscribe to in order to receive email alerts containing the latest uploaded papers in their field(s) of interest.