Virtual special issue
Participants are invited to submit manuscripts based on the 5th International Conference on Bio-Sensing (BITE2017) presentations for possible publication in Biosensors & Bioelectronics or Sensing and Bio-Sensing Research, with the intention of publishing in a Virtual Special Issue that is dedicated to the BITE2017 conference.
A Virtual Special Issue essentially rules out possible delays in publication for contributors to the special issue and will make this conference special issue more complete and accessible than it has ever been. Please see below its advantageous characteristics:
- Accepted papers are published individually as soon as they are accepted in a regular journal volume;
- There will be footnotes included in accepted papers, indicating which conference they were presented;
- All accepted papers will be published as a virtual special issue hosted on the journal homepage site of Biosensors & Bioelectronics – with links to papers on Science Direct, retaining all citation details;
- Preface and with the added possibility of photos, conference award(s) if any, will be available via the virtual special issue.
Authors are suggested taking a special note of the scopes of these two journals before deciding to submit a paper to which journal. Biosensors & Bioelectronics has a much narrower scope than Sensing and Bio-Sensing Research and with a very high rejection rate.
- Submission links:
Biosensors & Bioelectronics http://ees.elsevier.com/bios;
Sensing and Bio-Sensing Research https://www.evise.com/profile/#/SBSR/login
- Click on the “Submit Paper” option from the top menu;
- Enter your user name and password (first time users will have to register);
- After entering the title of your manuscript, please select article type “VSI: BITE2017”;
- Follow the remaining step-by-step instructions to submit your paper.
- Submission deadline: 30 August 2017
When preparing your manuscript(s), please carefully follow the Guide to Authors of your selected journal, which you can find on the online submission site. In your cover letter please mention that your manuscript is intended for the BITE2017 virtual special issue.
All manuscripts will be subjected to the mandatory selection process for the journal selected, including the strict peer review procedure; therefore acceptance for presentation at the meeting is not a guarantee for publication in the journal.
The supporting journals for the 5th International Conference on Bio-Sensing Technology are Biosensors & Bioelectronics and our new Open Access journal, Sensing and Bio-Sensing Research.
Biosensors & Bioelectronics is the principal international journal devoted to research, design, development and application of biosensors and bioelectronics. It is an interdisciplinary journal serving professionals with an interest in the exploitation of biological materials and designs in novel diagnostic and electronic devices including sensors, DNA chips, electronic noses, lab-on-a-chip and mTAS.
For more information, please visit: www.journals.elsevier.com/biosensors-and-bioelectronics.
Sensing and Bio-Sensing Research is an open access journal devoted to research, design development and application of all bio-sensing and sensing technologies.
The scope of Sensing and Bio-Sensing Research encompasses, but is not restricted to, areas such as: Sensing principles and mechanisms, New materials development (transducers and sensitive/recognition components), Fabrication technology, Actuators, Optical devices, Electrochemical devices, Mass-sensitive devices, Gas sensors, Biosensors, Analytical microsystems.
For more information, please visit: www.journals.elsevier.com/sensing-and-bio-sensing-research
For more information on Open Access please visit: www.elsevier.com/about/open-access