International Conference on Algal Biomass, Biofuels and Bioproducts (AlgalBBB 2022)
13–15 June 2022 | Waikoloa Beach, Hawaii, USA
The International Conference on Algal Biomass, Biofuels and Bioproducts (AlgalBBB) will take place in-person, 13–15 June 2022, at the Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort, Waikoloa Beach, Hawaii, USA. We are excited to be able to provide this much-awaited opportunity for the algae research community to meet in-person and discuss the very latest research and technologies and to interact with leaders in the field.
AlgalBBB places a major emphasis on the latest unpublished technical and scientific results, along with discussion and direct interactions with broad spectrum scientists and engineers, funding sponsors, and leaders in the field from all over the world. The conference presents the work of the algae research community through a balanced set of oral presentations and posters selected from the best submissions to the conference. Our list of keynote and invited speakers includes funding agency sponsors, key industry players, and top scientists and engineers from the international community.
The conference will cover all areas of emerging technologies in all areas of algal research, including microalgae, macroalgae, and cyanobacteria: biology, biotechnology, biomass production, cultivation, harvesting, extraction, biorefinery, feedstock conversion into fuels, high value products, econometrics, and sustainability analyses.
In 2022, we look forward to hearing about the new emphasis on seaweed-based systems, engineering advances, molecular characterization technologies (e.g., genomics, proteomics, metabolomics), strain engineering technologies for biofuels and high value products and pharmaceuticals, biomaterials, photobioreactor design and control systems, and new technologies in characterization and analysis, among others.
Themes in algae research including microalgae, macroalgae and cyanobacteria:
- Algal Biotechnology - Molecular Engineering
- Algal Biology - Biodiversity and Bioprospecting of Algae for Biofuels and Bioproducts
- Algal Biotechnology - Metabolic Regulation of Algae for Biofuels and Bioproducts
- Algal Cultivation - Phototrophic Systems in Open Ponds
- Algal Cultivation - Phototrophic Systems in Photobioreactors
- Algal Cultivation - Heterotrophic Systems, including utilization of waste waters for algal production
- Bioreactor Design, Engineering and Control
- Algal Harvesting and Extraction Systems
- Engineering of Biorefinery Systems, Technologies, and End-to-end Integration
- New Technologies in Support of Algal Research - Areas of Separation, Refining, Detection, Characterization and Analysis
- Engineering Technologies for Algal Biofuels - Thermal Catalytic and Non-Catalytic, and Enzymatic systems
- Bioproducts from Algae Including High-Value Products and Co-products
- Life Cycle, Technoeconomic, and Sustainability Modeling and Analysis of Algal Production and Fuel Cycle Systems
- Nutrient Recycling and Management
- Algal Biology – Improving photosynthetic growth and biomass productivity
You can feel confident when submitting your abstract to AlgalBBB 2022 that we will provide a high-quality, peer-reviewed programme in which to showcase your research.