The 9th International Conference on Algal Biomass, Biofuels and Bioproducts
17-19 June 2019 | Embassy Suites, Boulder, CO, USA
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE 1 FEBRUARY 2019 - SUBMIT ABSTRACTS HERE
The 9th International Conference on Algal Biomass, Biofuels and Bioproducts (AlgalBBB 2019) will take place in Boulder (CO, USA) where we will continue to provide an exciting atmosphere to discuss the latest research and technologies and to interact with leaders in the field.
Boulder is an exciting crossroads city that shoulders the start of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado (including Rocky Mountain National Park) a playground for climbers, cyclists, hikers, kayakers, and all sorts of outdoor enthusiasts. Boulder is located within one hour of Denver, Fort Collins and Golden, all part of a great cultural, sports and academic heritage. Some of the prominent universities nearby include the University of Colorado, Denver University, Colorado State University, and The Colorado School of Mines. With a small-town atmosphere, Boulder’s Pearl Street is its center for entertainment and dining and only a fifteen-minute walk from the Conference venue.
AlgalBBB places a major emphasis on the latest unpublished technical and scientific results, along with discussion and direct interactions with strategic partners, funding sponsors, and leaders in the field. The conference presents the work of the algae research community through a balanced set of oral presentations and posters selected from the best submissions to the conference. In addition, our list of key note and invited speakers includes funding agency sponsors, key industry players, and top scientists from the international community.
The conference will cover all areas of emerging technologies in all areas of algal research, including microalgae, macroalgae, and cyanobacteria: biology, biotechnology, biomass production, cultivation, harvesting, extraction, biorefinery, feedstock conversion into fuels, bioproducts, and econometrics and sustainability analyses.
We look forward to specialized sessions in engineering topics, molecular characterization technologies (e.g., genomics, proteomics, metabolomics), strain engineering technologies for biofuels and high value products, biomaterials, photobioreactor design and control systems, and new technologies in characterization and analysis, among others.
Themes in algae research including microalgae, macroalgae and cyanobacteria:
- Algal Biology - Molecular Engineering and Synthetic Biology of Algae for Biofuels and High Value Products
- Algal Biology - Biodiversity and Bioprospecting of Algae for Biofuels and High Value Products
- Algal Biotechnology - Metabolic Regulation of Algae for Biofuels and High Value Products
- Algal Cultivation - Phototrophic Systems in Open Ponds
- Algal Cultivation - Phototrophic Systems in Photobioreactors
- Algal Cultivation - Heterotrophic Systems, including utilization of Waste Waters for Algal Production
- Bioreactor Design, Engineering and Control
- Algal Harvesting and Extraction Systems
- Engineering of Biorefinery Systems, Technologies, and End-to-end Integration
- New Technologies in Support of Algal Research - Areas of Separation, Refining, Detection, Characterization and Analysis
- Engineering Technologies for Algal Biofuels - Thermal Catalytic and Non-Catalytic, and Enzymatic systems
- Bioproducts from Algae, Including High-Value Products and Co-products
- Life Cycle, Technoeconomic, and Sustainability Modeling and Analysis of Algal Production and Fuel Cycle System
WARNING - SCAM ALERT: WARNING - SCAM ALERT: Exhibitor Housing Services (EHS) & Exhibitor Housing Management (EHM) also known as Business Travel Management (BTM). Read more here!
Join the conversation