The 7th International Conference on Algal Biomass, Biofuels and Bioproducts
18 - 21 June, 2017 | Hyatt Regency, Miami, FL, USA
The 7th International Conference on Algal Biomass, Biofuels and Bioproducts provides an exciting venue to learn about the latest research and technologies in algal research and to interact with leaders the field.
Extended abstract submission deadline 24 February 2017
Take a look at the letter from Co-Chair José Olivares here
Emphasis will be placed on the latest unpublished technical and scientific results, along with discussion and direct interactions with strategic partners, funding sponsors, and leaders in the field. The conference balances the interest of the algae research community through a balanced set of oral presentations and posters selected from the best submissions to the conference. In addition, our list of key note and invited speakers includes funding agency sponsors, key industry players, and top scientists from the international community.
The conference will cover all areas of emerging technologies in all areas of algal research, including microalgae, macroalgae, and cyanobacteria: biology, biomass production, cultivation, harvesting, extraction, biorefinery, feedstock conversion into fuels, bioproducts, and econometrics and sustainability analyses.
This year we look forward to specialized sessions in engineering topics, molecular characterization technologies (e.g., genomics, proteomics, metabolomics), strain engineering technologies for biofuels and high value products, photobioreactor design and control systems, and new technologies in characterization and analysis, among others.
Themes in algae research including microalgae, macroalgae and cyanobacteria:
- Algal Biology - Molecular Traits of Algae for Biofuels and High Value Products
- Algal Biology - Metabolic Regulation of Algae for Biofuels and High Value Products
- Algal Biology - Biodiversity and Bioprospecting of Algae for Biofuels and High Value Products
- Algal Cultivation - Phototrophic Systems in Open Ponds
- Algal Cultivation - Phototrophic Systems in Photobioreactors
- Algal Cultivation - Heterotrophic Systems, including utilization of waste waters for algal production
- Algal Harvesting and Extraction Systems
- New Conversion Technologies for Algal Biofuels, including catalytic, thermal, and enzymatic systems
- Bioproducts from Algae Including High-Value Products and Co-products
- Life Cycle, Technoeconomic, and Sustainability Modeling and Analysis of Algal Production and Fuel Cycle Systems
- New technologies in support of algal research in the areas of separation, refining, detection, characterization and analysis
- Bioreactor design, engineering and control
- Biorefinery systems, technologies, and end-to-end integration
WARNING - SCAM ALERT: Exhibitor Housing Services (EHS) & Exhibitor Housing Management (EHM) Read more here!
Join the conversation