The 10th International Conference on Algal Biomass, Biofuels and Bioproducts
7–9 December 2020 | Westin Pittsburgh, USA
Due to the COVID-19 Coronavirus outbreak, the 10th International Conference on Algal Biomass, Biofuels and Bioproducts will now take place 7–9 December 2020.
We understand you may be concerned about not being able to attend due to the Coronavirus COVID-19 situation. Rest assured that we will refund your registration fee, with no penalty, should you wish to cancel during the uncertainty of the outbreak.
The Elsevier conference team take the safety and well-being of their entire delegation and community very seriously. We will therefore be implementing a number of enhanced hygiene and cleaning measures, in collaboration with our conference venues, when our events take place. We will also of course, be following appropriate social distancing measures, to keep everyone safe throughout the conference.
This is coupled with our promise to refund your registration fee, with no penalty, should you wish to cancel during the uncertainty of the outbreak.
In 2020, we celebrate the 10th International Conference on Algal Biomass, Biofuels and Bioproducts (AlgalBBB 2020), which will take place in Pittsburgh, PA, USA. We hope that you will join us to commemorate this anniversary and help us provide an exciting atmosphere to discuss the latest research and technologies in algal based systems.
Pittsburgh is a vibrant and very modern city that has emerged from its famous steel manufacturing past to now host more than 1600 technology firms, 68 colleges and universities, including Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh, and is the home of six Fortune 500 companies. Pittsburgh history is marked by its numerous museums, parks and cultural district, while its modern resurgence is marked by its skyline and vibrant downtown area.
AlgalBBB places a major emphasis on the latest unpublished technical and scientific results, along with discussion and direct interactions with broad spectrum scientists and engineers, funding sponsors, and leaders in the field from all over the world. The conference presents the work of the algae research community through a balanced set of oral presentations and posters selected from the best submissions to the conference. Our list of key note and invited speakers includes funding agency sponsors, key industry players, and top scientists and engineers from the international community.
The conference will cover all areas of emerging technologies in all areas of algal research, including microalgae, macroalgae, and cyanobacteria: biology, biotechnology, biomass production, cultivation, harvesting, extraction, biorefinery, feedstock conversion into fuels, high value products, econometrics, and sustainability analyses.
In 2020, we look forward to hearing about the new emphasis on seaweed based systems, engineering advances, molecular characterization technologies (e.g., genomics, proteomics, metabolomics), strain engineering technologies for biofuels and high value products and pharmaceuticals, biomaterials, photobioreactor design and control systems, and new technologies in characterization and analysis, among others.
Themes in algae research including microalgae, macroalgae and cyanobacteria:
- Algal Biology - Molecular Engineering and Synthetic Biology of Algae for Biofuels and High Value Products
- Algal Biology - Biodiversity and Bioprospecting of Algae for Biofuels and High Value Products
- Algal Biotechnology - Metabolic Regulation of Algae for Biofuels and High Value Products
- Algal Cultivation - Phototrophic Systems in Open Ponds
- Algal Cultivation - Phototrophic Systems in Photobioreactors
- Algal Cultivation - Heterotrophic Systems, including utilization of waste waters for algal production
- Bioreactor Design, Engineering and Control
- Algal Harvesting and Extraction Systems
- Engineering of Biorefinery Systems, Technologies, and End-to-end Integration
- New Technologies in Support of Algal Research - Areas of Separation, Refining, Detection, Characterization and Analysis
- Engineering Technologies for Algal Biofuels - Thermal Catalytic and Non-Catalytic, and Enzymatic systems
- Bioproducts from Algae Including High-Value Products and Co-products
- Life Cycle, Technoeconomic, and Sustainability Modeling and Analysis of Algal Production and Fuel Cycle Systems
Conference hashtag #algalbbb