10th International Conference on Algal Biomass, Biofuels and Bioproducts (AlgalBBB 2021)
14–16 June 2021 | Waikoloa Beach Marriott, Waikola, Big Island, Hawaii
This has been a trying year for all, the uncertainty and health concerns over COVID-19 has continued to upend all schedules and our best plans. Therefore, we are very excited to be able to move on and plan the 10th International Conference on Algal Biomass, Biofuels and Bioproducts for 2021 (AlgalBBB 2021) at the Waikoloa Beach Marriott in Waikola, Big Island, Hawaii, USA.
Hawaii, set in the middle of the northern Pacific Ocean, is a rich geological, biodiverse and cultural setting. The Big Island of Hawaii, just a short flight hop from Honolulu, will provide a beautiful and enchanting setting to reenergize and reengage with our fellow conference attendees. We hope that you will join us to commemorate this anniversary for AgalBBB and help us all rejuvenate and reinvigorate in this beautiful place and atmosphere. We look forward to hearing about your latest research, technologies, and developments in algal based systems.
AlgalBBB places a major emphasis on the latest unpublished technical and scientific results, along with discussion and direct interactions with broad spectrum scientists and engineers, funding sponsors, and leaders in the field from all over the world. The conference presents the work of the algae research community through a balanced set of oral presentations and posters selected from the best submissions to the conference. Our list of key note and invited speakers includes funding agency sponsors, key industry players, and top scientists and engineers from the international community.
The conference will cover all areas of emerging technologies in all areas of algal research, including microalgae, macroalgae, and cyanobacteria: biology, biotechnology, biomass production, cultivation, harvesting, extraction, biorefinery, feedstock conversion into fuels, high value products, econometrics, and sustainability analyses.
In 2021, we look forward to hearing about the new emphasis on seaweed based systems, engineering advances, molecular characterization technologies (e.g., genomics, proteomics, metabolomics), strain engineering technologies for biofuels and high value products and pharmaceuticals, biomaterials, photobioreactor design and control systems, and new technologies in characterization and analysis, among others.
Themes in algae research including microalgae, macroalgae and cyanobacteria:
- Algal Biology - Molecular Engineering and Synthetic Biology of Algae for Biofuels and High Value Products
- Algal Biology - Biodiversity and Bioprospecting of Algae for Biofuels and High Value Products
- Algal Biotechnology - Metabolic Regulation of Algae for Biofuels and High Value Products
- Algal Cultivation - Phototrophic Systems in Open Ponds
- Algal Cultivation - Phototrophic Systems in Photobioreactors
- Algal Cultivation - Heterotrophic Systems, including utilization of waste waters for algal production
- Bioreactor Design, Engineering and Control
- Algal Harvesting and Extraction Systems
- Engineering of Biorefinery Systems, Technologies, and End-to-end Integration
- New Technologies in Support of Algal Research - Areas of Separation, Refining, Detection, Characterization and Analysis
- Engineering Technologies for Algal Biofuels - Thermal Catalytic and Non-Catalytic, and Enzymatic systems
- Bioproducts from Algae Including High-Value Products and Co-products
- Life Cycle, Technoeconomic, and Sustainability Modeling and Analysis of Algal Production and Fuel Cycle Systems
Conference hashtag #algalbbb