The 8th International Conference on Algal Biomass, Biofuels and Bioproducts
11 - 13 June 2018 | Seattle
The 8th International Conference on Algal Biomass, Biofuels and Bioproducts (AlgalBBB 2018) will continue this year with renewed focus from investigators in this area of research. In our new venue for the year, Seattle, we will continue to provide an exciting atmosphere to discuss the latest research and technologies and to interact with leaders in the field.
Emphasis will be placed on the latest unpublished technical and scientific results, along with discussion and direct interactions with strategic partners, funding sponsors, and leaders in the field. The conference presents the work of the algae research community through a balanced set of oral presentations and posters selected from the best submissions to the conference. In addition, our list of key note and invited speakers includes funding agency sponsors, key industry players, and top scientists from the international community.
The conference will cover emerging technologies in all areas of algal research, including microalgae, macroalgae, and cyanobacteria: biology, biotechnology, biomass production, cultivation, harvesting, extraction, biorefinery, feedstock conversion into fuels, bioproducts, and econometrics and sustainability analyses.
We look forward to specialized sessions in engineering topics, molecular characterization technologies (e.g., genomics, proteomics, metabolomics), strain engineering technologies for biofuels and high value products, biomaterials, photobioreactor design and control systems, and new technologies in characterization and analysis, among others.
Themes in algae research including microalgae, macroalgae and cyanobacteria:
- Algal Biology - Molecular Traits of Algae for Biofuels and High Value Products
- Algal Biology - Biodiversity and Bioprospecting of Algae for Biofuels and High Value Products
- Algal Biotechnology - Metabolic Regulation of Algae for Biofuels and High Value Products
- Algal Biotechnology - CRISPR Technologies for Genetic Transformation of Algae
- Algal Cultivation - Phototrophic Systems in Open Ponds
- Algal Cultivation - Phototrophic Systems in Photobioreactors
- Algal Cultivation - Heterotrophic Systems, including utilization of waste waters for algal production
- Bioreactor design, engineering and control
- Algal Harvesting and Extraction Systems
- Biorefinery systems, technologies, and end-to-end integration
- New technologies in support of algal research in the areas of separation, refining, detection, characterization and analysis
- New Conversion Technologies for Algal Biofuels, including catalytic, thermal, and enzymatic systems
- Bioproducts from Algae Including High-Value Products and Co-products
- Life Cycle, Technoeconomic, and Sustainability Modeling and Analysis of Algal Production and Fuel Cycle Systems
WARNING - SCAM ALERT: Exhibitor Housing Services (EHS) & Exhibitor Housing Management (EHM) Read more here!
Join the conversation