International Conference on Algal Biomass, Biofuels and Bioproducts (AlgalBBB 2021)
Online – Live and On-demand | 14–16 June 2021
As COVID-19 continues to wreak havoc all over the world and the vaccination system is not fully implemented yet, the ability to travel safely and in a permissible manner remains uncertain today and into the near future. Therefore, we have made the decision to hold the AlgalBBB-2021 Conference as an online only event, with the hopes that we can assimilate in person once again in 2022.
AlgalBBB 2021 will now be an online, fully interactive community allowing you to connect with other attendees, speakers and poster presenters in one place.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE 26 FEBRUARY 2021
You will be able to join the event via an online platform which will allow you to:
- Easily navigate the programme and live-stream sessions and presentations
- Upload your poster presentation and network and chat with attendees
- Engage live with other attendees and speakers through chats, polls, virtual networking meetings and more
- Invite attendees to one-on-one meetings using an integrated appointment schedule
- Access the event via any device - mobile, tablets or desktop
- Access all content of the conference on-demand for 1 month
AlgalBBB places a major emphasis on the latest unpublished technical and scientific results, along with discussion and direct interactions with broad spectrum scientists and engineers, funding sponsors, and leaders in the field from all over the world. The conference presents the work of the algae research community through a balanced set of oral presentations and posters selected from the best submissions to the conference. Our list of key note and invited speakers includes funding agency sponsors, key industry players, and top scientists and engineers from the international community.
The conference will cover all areas of emerging technologies in all areas of algal research, including microalgae, macroalgae, and cyanobacteria: biology, biotechnology, biomass production, cultivation, harvesting, extraction, biorefinery, feedstock conversion into fuels, high value products, econometrics, and sustainability analyses.
In 2021, we look forward to hearing about the new emphasis on seaweed based systems, engineering advances, molecular characterization technologies (e.g., genomics, proteomics, metabolomics), strain engineering technologies for biofuels and high value products and pharmaceuticals, biomaterials, photobioreactor design and control systems, and new technologies in characterization and analysis, among others.
Themes in algae research including microalgae, macroalgae and cyanobacteria:
- Algal Biology - Molecular Engineering and Synthetic Biology of Algae for Biofuels and High Value Products
- Algal Biology - Biodiversity and Bioprospecting of Algae for Biofuels and High Value Products
- Algal Biotechnology - Metabolic Regulation of Algae for Biofuels and High Value Products
- Algal Cultivation - Phototrophic Systems in Open Ponds
- Algal Cultivation - Phototrophic Systems in Photobioreactors
- Algal Cultivation - Heterotrophic Systems, including utilization of waste waters for algal production
- Bioreactor Design, Engineering and Control
- Algal Harvesting and Extraction Systems
- Engineering of Biorefinery Systems, Technologies, and End-to-end Integration
- New Technologies in Support of Algal Research - Areas of Separation, Refining, Detection, Characterization and Analysis
- Engineering Technologies for Algal Biofuels - Thermal Catalytic and Non-Catalytic, and Enzymatic systems
- Bioproducts from Algae Including High-Value Products and Co-products
- Life Cycle, Technoeconomic, and Sustainability Modeling and Analysis of Algal Production and Fuel Cycle Systems
You can feel confident when submitting your abstract to AlgalBBB 2021 that we will provide a high-quality, peer-reviewed programme in which to showcase your research.
This is coupled with our promise to refund your onsite registration fee, with no penalty, should you wish to cancel during the uncertainty of the outbreak.
Conference hashtag #algalbbb