3rd International Brain Stimulation Conference

Visa Information

The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) International Events and Convention Services Program (IECSP) officially recognizes Brain Stimulation 2019 - further details here.

It is important that delegates visit the website of the Canadian visa office responsible for processing their visa application. Information is available on the website on how to submit a visa application and the documentation required.

Processing times for visa applications vary depending on the visa office and the time of the year.  Participants are encouraged to apply approximately 12 weeks in advance of their departure date to ensure they receive the visa in time.

Electronic Applications (e-Apps)

  • This system allows clients to submit applications online.
  • Delegates that choose to apply on-line will not   have to submit their passport until requested to do so by a visa officer.
  • The visa office will send the applicant instructions on how and where   to send their passports to finalize the visa process.

Submission at a Visa Application Centre (VAC)

(In person or by mail)

  • VACs are commercial service providers authorized by Canada to provide   specific services to applicants.
  • VACs provide a number of services to clients, including help   applicants fill out forms, answer questions and ensure that applications are   complete.
  • Reduces unnecessary delays or refusals due to incomplete applications.
  • VACs serve as a collection point for applicants required to provide a biometric.
  • VACs send applications to visa offices and transmit decisions to   applicants in a secure and confidential manner.
  • VACs do not process visa applications and have no decision-making   authority.

NEW - Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

As of November 10, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals are expected to have an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens, and travelers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents are not eligible to apply for an eTA.