3rd International Brain Stimulation Conference
24-27 February 2019 | Vancouver Convention Center, Vancouver, Canada
The field of brain stimulation is undergoing remarkable growth. Brain stimulation methods are rapidly transforming research into brain mechanisms, from the molecular to the behavioral, and offer new approaches to therapeutics for brain disorders. In many ways, the field of brain stimulation represents a paradigm shift, augmenting and sometimes replacing the prominent psychopharmacological approaches of the past several decades.
Currently, there are single theme meetings around the world that are either technique or profession based or that limit the science in other ways. This third international meeting, organized by Elsevier and sponsored by and integrated with the journal Brain Stimulation, will build on the first meeting held in Singapore in 2015 and the second meeting in Barcelona in 2017. Thus, this will be the 3rd International Brain Stimulation meeting, with integration of all the various groups involved in this exciting field.
The field of brain stimulation is advancing rapidly with breakthroughs in basic, translational, and clinical research. The latest and most important research will be presented at this meeting across these domains. This is an opportunity to interact with colleagues in diverse disciplines and settings and to learn about advances across the field of brain stimulation. The International Brain Stimulation Award will be given, and this meeting will also opportunity to interact with founders and luminaries of this field.
This meeting will follow the successful multidisciplinary broad approach of the first two meetings. Basic scientists will attend lectures by engineers and psychiatrists. Cognitive neuroscientists will mingle with neurosurgeons and brain modelling physicists. This fertile cross-disciplinary meeting will also provide the opportunity to interact with founders and luminaries in the field.
Topics will include:
- Animal models
- Combining brain stimulation methods with brain imaging
- Computer modeling of brain stimulation methods
- Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)
- Deep brain stimulation
- Low-field magnetic stimulation (LFMS)
- Plasticity of the nervous system
- Transcranial alternating current stimulation (tACS)
- Transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS)
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS)
- Transcranial pulsed ultrasound
- Vagus nerve stimulation
- Novel neuromodulation techniques
- Clinical neurological applications
- Clinical psychiatric applications
- Cognitive and affective neuroscience
- Basic neuroscience