Elsevier Announces Nine New Medicinal Chemistry Books at American Chemical Society National Meeting & Exposition in Boston
Books include new edition of The Practice of Medicinal Chemistry, a
comprehensive overview of daily issues facing medicinal chemists and
Books include new edition of The Practice of Medicinal Chemistry, a comprehensive overview of daily issues facing medicinal chemists and pharmaceutical researchers
world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information
products and services, today announced nine new medicinal chemistry books, including
the latest edition of The Practice of Medicinal Chemistry,
considered ‘The Bible’ by many medicinal chemists for nearly twenty years,
which will be available in September.
This highly respected resource for professors, students and researchers, along with five other books, will be featured in the medicinal chemistry portfolio in Elsevier booth #231 at the 250th American Chemical Society (ACS) National Meeting & Exposition, August 16–20, in Boston. Elsevier’s new books support the ACS Expo theme, “Innovation from Discovery to Application.”
- Download a free ebook from the Chemistry Learning Trends serieshighlighting the interdisciplinary nature of medicinal chemistry here
Edited by Drs. Camille Wermuth, David Aldous, Pierre Raboisson and Didier Rognan, the fourth edition of The Practice of Medicinal Chemistry offers a thorough treatment of basic medicinal chemistry principles, as well as new and expanded coverage of the latest technologies and approaches in drug discovery. With topics such as high content screening, scoring, docking, binding free energy calculations, polypharmacology, QSAR, and chemical collections and databases, this book is a go-to reference for academic and pharmaceutical researchers who need a complete understanding of medicinal chemistry and its application to drug discovery and development.
In order to meet content needs in medicinal chemistry, Elsevier identifies the gaps in coverage of the topic using proprietary tools. Editorial teams strategically fill those gaps with content written by key influencers in the field, giving students, practitioners and researchers the content they need to answer challenging questions and improve outcomes. These new books are derived from this strategy and will educate the next generation of medicinal chemists and provide critical foundational content for information professionals.
Elsevier’s nine new medicinal chemistry books are:
- The Practice of Medicinal Chemistry, Fourth Edition edited by Camille Wermuth, David Aldous, Pierre Raboisson and Didier Rognan (available in September)
- Prodrug Design: Perspectives, Approaches and Applications in Medicinal Chemistry by Vivekkumar Redasani and Sanjay Bari
- Medicinal Chemistry of Anticancer Drugs, Second Edition by Carmen Avendano and J. Carlos Menendez
- Evidence-Based Validation of Herbal Medicine by Pulok Mukherjee
- Basic Principles of Drug Discovery and Development by Benjamin Blass
- Essentials of Botanical Extraction: Principles and Applications by Subhash Mandal, Vivekananda Mandal and Anup Das
- Anti-Angiogenesis Drug Discovery and Development, Volume 2 edited by Atta ur-Rahman and Muhammad Iqbal Choudhary
- Drug Design and Discovery in Alzheimer’s Disease edited by Atta ur-Rahman and Muhammad Iqbal Choudhary
- Recent Advances in Medicinal Chemistry, Volume 1, edited by Atta ur-Rahman, Muhammad Iqbal Choudhary and George Perry
The latter three books edited by Atta ur-Rahman, PhD and his colleagues are the first titles available as part of the recent distribution and co-publishing alliance between Elsevier and Bentham Science. They will be distributed through Elsevier’s global sales channels, including ScienceDirect, providing researchers greater access to needed chemistry content covering pharmaceutical science, medicinal chemistry, and other multi-disciplinary topics.
All of the books are available on the Elsevier Store and on ScienceDirect, Elsevier’s full-text scientific database offering journal articles and book chapters from over 2,500 peer-reviewed journals and more than 33,000 book titles.
Notes for Editors
Review copies of the books are available to credentialed journalists upon request. Contact Michelle McMahon at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 781 663 2268.
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of information solutions that enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals, empowering them to make better decisions, deliver better care, and sometimes make groundbreaking discoveries that advance the boundaries of knowledge and human progress. Elsevier provides web-based, digital solutions — among them ScienceDirect, Scopus, Research Intelligence and ClinicalKey— and publishes over 2,500 journals, including The Lancet and Cell, and more than 35,000 book titles, including a number of iconic reference works. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.elsevier.com
Publicity Manager, Science & Technology Books
+1 781 663 2268