Elsevier consistently and proactively endeavors to make our products fully accessible to all users, regardless of physical abilities. That commitment reflects the growing customer need for accessibility of our books and online products, and our focus on customers, innovation and partnership with the science and health communities we serve. We will leverage our strengths in the creative use of available technology. We will advance and lead best practices and always adhere to applicable law and international standards.
- Help our customers achieve the maximum benefit, insight and understanding from our content, regardless of physical ability. This applies for content optimized for print, web, audio, video or mobile.
- Increase customer satisfaction and use of our products.
- Encourage our authors to provide accessible content.
- Partner with external agencies and experts to enhance our features.
- Lead our industry in providing accessibility solutions, serving customers, and establishing best practices and international standards.
Elsevier's accessibility policy
- Perceivable: Available to be seen or heard through assistive technologies
- Operable: Available to all users through any available device and/or assistive technologies
- Understandable: Content clearly seen or heard through any available technology or device
- Robust: Content accessible via many types of technologies, assistive or otherwise
Help and Support
Each year our staff respond to thousands of alternate file requests to help Disability Services and students with print disabilities worldwide. Campus disability services may use the AccessTextNetwork or the Elsevier Disability Request Form to request a file. For more information on Elsevier's accessibility features or to report difficulty accessing this site, please contact us.