We may be a global company, but small teams and an agile approach mean you can make a big impact, fast. You’ll have the freedom to experiment, develop your ideas and work with the latest tools as you build the world-leading technologies that change the way knowledge is shared.
Why join us?
We’re customer obsessed
Our customers are clinical professionals looking to improve patients’ lives, and researchers seeking to advance human understanding. We use customer insights and data to solve problems and enhance performance.
We take relentless ownership
Our people take ownership from end to end. We follow through on promises and act as role models for our core values and ethical behaviour.
We move with pace
We have a clear bias for action and understand the essential need to move at speed. We ensure what can be done is done, and use data to drive decisions, not delay them.
We build trust
We’re a team. We work towards our shared purpose and mission, not personal agendas. We embrace diversity and strive for inclusivity - we listen attentively and seek to understand different perspectives.
We’re incurably curious
We’re always looking for ways to innovate and improve, to build on and support other ideas. We spot business opportunities and have a passion for continuous learning and development.
We set the bar high
We strive for excellence, ensuring we’re the best we can be - as individuals and as a team. We care about the quality of our products and services and aim for perfection.
The work we do
We have tech teams all over the world. Find out more about some of the work they do:
Machine Learning & NLP
Join us in building processes and content capabilities to support next generation products.
Mendeley Reference Manager
Join us and help revolutionize an already ground-breaking product.
Tech careers in Oxford
Create the tech tools that make sense of information, save lives and enable breakthrough discoveries.
Tech careers in Amsterdam
Help us make knowledge smarter. Discover our Technology and Data Science opportunities in Amsterdam.
“I’ve had the opportunity to shape products and services so that they provide real and meaningful value for the users.”
Principal User Experience Designer
“It already feels like being part of a family.”
Software Engineering Manager
“After working at Elsevier as a contractor for 14 months I made the decision to join Elsevier as a permanent member of staff.”
“We have the freedom to experiment, authority to ask questions, empowerment to learn, and an unshakable belief in the purpose of what we do.”
VP Technology – Software
Ways our technology teams are driving change at Elsevier
- We want to make a difference to the world, what we do helps Scientists make breakthroughs and Health Professionals impact lives
- We have bought AI to bear on our unique data assets to provide our users with new insights, knowledge and support their critical decisions
- We leverage the latest technologies, but we also give back by playing an active role in the open source community
- We work in small autonomous agile teams focused on user outcomes, but know where we play in the bigger mission
- We use proven best practice in Software Product Development, starting from the User Experience and releasing software multiple time an hour
- We’ve been at the forefront of the cloud revolution for over a decade, both as a consumer (AWS and Salesforce) and provider (Pure & Mendeley)
- We understand the nature of unconscious bias in individuals and teams, and work to drive diversity and inclusion in all we do
- We give back through the Elsevier Foundation and our “charity days” programme allowing our teams to help charitable causes of their choice
- Because Data and Technology are our business
Read our latest tech stories
Search and apply
Ready to strive for excellence, raise the bar and embark on a tech career that makes a difference? Join us.