Academic institutions: Empower research productivity & scholarship
Scopus is designed to serve the information needs of researchers, educators, administrators, students and librarians across the entire academic community.
Whether searching for specific information or browsing topics, authors, journals or books, Scopus provides precise entry points to peer-reviewed literature in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences and the arts and humanities.
Take the next step with Scopus.
Researchers & authors
Scopus helps researchers meet today's considerable demands to stay productive and increase research output.Read more
Scopus supports researchers and authors with:
- Searching for relevant topics/articles during the literature review phase
- Deciding where to publish – analyze the top journals and authors in your discipline
- Finding information to support your grant or other applications
- Exploring how many citations an article or author has received, and identifying potential collaborators
- Discovering who is citing you
- Using APIs to showcase citation counts for your work.
Editors & reviewers
With the explosion of published content, the strain on editors and reviewers is increasing. Scopus provides insights into publishing trends and authorship, helping to ease the review process.Read more
Scopus supports editors and reviewers with:
- Identifying and contacting potential editorial board members
- Evaluating an author's previously published work
- Finding and evaluating referees and authors for review papers and thematic issues
- Quickly reviewing performance and coverage of other journals
- Monitoring journal trends: for example, comparing the current scope of a journal with citation patterns to see if a shift has occurred
Educators & students
Scopus empowers educators and students with access to the latest research and data, enhancing learning within and beyond the classroom.Read more
Scopus supports educators and students with:
- Finding resources to complement course materials, such as locating new articles and images to enhance lectures, and engage students' interest
- Identifying articles to inform the literature review process and support development of research papers and theses
- Uncover literature in adjacent disciplines to foster interdisciplinary exploration
- Help students understand the scholarly conversation of a topic through reference lists and cited articles
How can access to more interdisciplinary information help your students be successful in your curricula?
From conducting research to making critical decisions in order to increase funding—librarians can be confident in enabling their researchers, students, and faculty to accomplish their research and education goals, with Scopus. Scopus helps users find relevant and trusted research, identify experts, and access reliable data, metrics, and analytical tools to support confident decisions around research strategy – all from one database and one subscription.Read more
Scopus supports librarians with:
- Providing users with a global, comprehensive abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed publications
- Linking quickly and accurately to full-text articles, optimizing the institution's investments
- Increasing the visibility of and access to other library resources
- Informing collection management decisions through analysis of highly-cited articles and journals
Discover our LibGuides
Learn about our Scopus Certification Program for Librarians
Administrators are charged with ensuring the requisite return on research investment, and allocating the appropriate resources where necessary. Scopus provides essential insights on research output and impact, to inform strategic decisions.Read more
Scopus supports research administrators with:
- Assessing the scientific output of individual researchers or of your institution
- Allocating financial resources to researchers or departments by tracking impact
- Checking a researcher and tenure candidate's production, citations and h-index, and comparing them to others in the same subject area
University of Nebraska Medical Center
UNMC’s librarians encourage students and researchers to leverage Scopus at every stage of their career.
University of California, Davis Health Care
Bruce Abbott, health librarian at UC Davis Health, discusses his go-to database for systematic reviews.
University of California, Irvine
UC Irvine and UCI Health are leveraging Scopus to monitor, manage and measure research.
Power your top research priorities with better data
Leading institutions in today’s complex world of research demand top-quality data to inform priorities and drive mission success. Discover how Scopus data bring critical acumen to strategic decision-making in five research priorities: stimulating economic development, attracting top talent, winning funding, forming cross-sectors partnerships and strengthening reputation.
How can we help?
What are your goals? Please complete this form and one of our knowledgeable representatives will contact you to discuss how Scopus can help you achieve them: