Scopus: powering rankings, reports and assessments
Scopus can provide your rankings organization with a reliable and comprehensive source for research performance data and analytics. The quality, breadth and reliability of Scopus data combined with a transparent structure—and the power of SciVal performance metrics—is the leading reason ranking organizations choose Elsevier to underpin their evaluations and reports.
Learn more about Elsevier’s role over the past decade as a data provider and partner in a number of prestigious rankings, customized reports and national assessment exercises.
Over the past 10 years, Elsevier has emerged as the partner of choice in the fast-developing field of rankings. Scopus data is used to calculate the influential QS World University Rankings, US World News & World Report's Best Arab Region Universities rankings, and the ShanghaiRanking Consultancy for their inaugural and newly-released 2015 Best Chinese University Ranking report. Scopus also provides data to the 2015 Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings and all subsequent rankings by that organization.
Scopus can offer your rankings organization:
- Institutional-level bibliometric indicators (e.g., publications, citations, citation impact)
- A transparent structure of its data
- Broad coverage, including a comprehensive source of data from emerging markets
- Intelligence, benchmarking and analysis expertise from the Research Intelligence portfolio, which includes SciVal, Pure, and Analytical Services
Reports & Assessments
Elsevier partners with research institutions, funders and policy makers worldwide to address research management challenges. Through the bibliometric expertise of Research Intelligence, and the extensive data sources available in Scopus, we can help your organization:
- Enhance Research Performance: Engage in data-driven strategic planning and benchmark performance to maximize efficiency and impact of research enterprises
- Support Data Standards: Facilitate in data sharing across systems and increase productivity throughout the research community
- Investigate Grand Challenges: Collaborate with institutions to address major societal challenges such as food and water security, alternative energy and breast cancer