Government & Funding Agencies: Empowering research performance analysis
If your institution is looking to inform its overall strategic direction, assess its status relative to other institutions, identify funding resources, enable collaboration or measure researcher performance, Scopus can help.
Take the next step with Scopus.
Unparalleled access to critical research insights and analytics
In addition to its strengths as a search and discovery tool, Scopus is the main data source for Elsevier's SciVal. Additionally, Scopus Custom Data and Elsevier’s Analytical Services can provide data-driven insights into research trends and overall impact.
Learn more about Elsevier’s role over the past decade as a data provider and partner in a number of prestigious rankings, customized reports and national assessment exercises.
Administrators are charged with ensuring the requisite return on research investment, and allocating the appropriate resources where necessary. Scopus supports administrators with:
- Assess the scientific output of individual researchers or of your institution
- Allocate financial resources to researchers or departments by tracking impact
- Check researcher and tenure candidates' production, citations, and h-index and compare them to others in the same subject area
Researchers & Authors
The demands on researchers to stay productive and increase research output are considerable, so tools that can simplify processes and inform decision-making are crucial. Scopus supports researchers and authors with:
- Searching for relevant topics/articles during the literature review phase
- Deciding where to publish (i.e., analyze the top journals and authors in your discipline)
- Discovering who is citing you, and how many citations an article or author has received; identify potential collaborators
- Finding information to support your grant or other applications
Editors & Reviewers
With the explosion of published content, the strain on editors and reviewers is increasing. Tools that provide insights into publishing trends and authorship, while also easing the review process, are essential. Scopus supports editors and reviewers with:
- Identifying and contacting potential editorial board members
- Evaluating an author's previously published work
- Finding and evaluating referees and authors for review papers and thematic issues
- Quickly reviewing performance and coverage of other journals
- Monitoring journal trends: for example, compare the current scope of a journal with citation patterns to see if a shift has occurred
Librarians are a driving force in scientific discovery, guiding researchers and institutions towards relevant information and data more efficiently. Scopus supports librarians with:
- Providing users with a global, comprehensive abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed content
- Linking quickly and accurately to full-text scientific articles, optimizing your institution's investments
- Increasing the visibility of and access to other library resources
- Informing collection management decisions through analysis of highly-cited articles and journals
What our customers say
Developing a superior technology ahead of the competition
Improving product development processes in order to get to market first with a superior solution is vital to chemical R&D success. Discover how Ian Flamini*, a Senior Technologist and R&D Manager at a major industrial gas company, saved an entire year of research in developing a new industrial production technology by using Scopus.
Accelerated project start-up at global packaging manufacturer
The key information researcher describes how she uses Scopus to deliver reports that catalyze innovation and competitive development.
Read the solution story (PDF, 796.0 KB)