Leading in quality and quantity
Beyond providing comprehensive coverage of scientific data and literature, Scopus goes further, delivering high-quality data available nowhere else.
Get started with Scopus.
High-quality data to make your research more effective
Scopus delivers all metadata as provided by publishers for all its indexed content, including:
- Document title
- Electronic identification (EID)
- Source title
- Volume/ issue/ pages
- Citation count(s)
- Document type
- Digital object identifier (DOI), and more
This rich metadata not only enables more precise search and retrieval of scientific articles, but can also be integrated into other websites and platforms through our API program.
With daily updates, Scopus ensures that no matter what you are searching for, you will find the most current, reliable and actionable data.
More than 150 leading research organizations rely in Scopus data
For that reason, Scopus is the database of choice for research assessment and evaluation purposes at leading ranking organizations, including Times Higher Education (THE), QS World University Rankings, MacLean’s and US News and World Report.
Scopus includes the following features to help you uncover and track important trends, field experts, key sources and impactful or related research - so you can keep an eye on global developments.
- Alerts: Register with Scopus to create search, document, and author alerts to stay up to date at your desired frequency
- Browse sources: Browse an alphabetical list of all journals, book series, trade publications and conference proceedings available in Scopus
- My list: Select documents and save them for later use within a session, or save them to your permanent list; building customized lists of documents allows you to export, track and analyze a particular set of results at one time
- Reference managers: Export data to reference managers such as Mendeley, RefWorks and EndNote
- View cited by: Discover documents that cite your selected articles
- View references: See the list of references included in your selected articles
- Scopus APIs: Access curated abstracts and citation data from all scholarly journals, books and conferences indexed by Scopus right from your website/application of choice – install Scopus API now
Who can use Scopus APIs?
Anyone can obtain an API Key and use the APIs free of charge, provided that our policies for using APIs and the data are honored. Scopus subscribers are granted full access to Scopus APIs.
If you do not have a Scopus subscription, you can still use the APIs; however, you will have limited access to a basic metadata for most citation records, as well as basic search functionality.Learn more
Featured Scopus API
Showcase your research and accomplishments using the Abstract Citation Count API
Showcasing your research and accomplishments (i.e. citation counts) is one of the most important aspects in ensuring academic career progression.
What APIs are available for Scopus?
A variety of APIs for Scopus are available. For a quick summary of what they are and what they offer, refer to the list below. For more detailed information, go to the Scopus overview on the developer portal page.
- Abstract Citation Count: Scopus cited-by count image for a specifiedScopus document(s)
- Citation Overview: Citation metadata, including counts and citation summaries
- Serial Title: Metadata for a specified serial title(s), including journal metrics (IPP, SJR and SNIP) Learn more about journal metrics in Scopus.
- Subject Classifications: Subject classifications associated with Scopus content
- Abstract Retrieval: Scopus abstract for a specified document(s) which includes links to various resources associated with an abstract, such as author and affiliation profiles
- Affiliation Retrieval: Scopus affiliation profile for a specifiedaffiliation(s)
- Author Retrieval: Scopus author profile for a specified author(s)
- Author Search: Allows user to search Scopus author profiles basedon a specified search criteria
- Scopus Search: Allows user to search Scopus abstracts based on a specified search criteria
What are the benefits of using Scopus APIs?
The ability to access Scopus data from your website or application of choice saves time and enhances your efficiency. Setting up a Scopus API provides you with:
- Direct access to Scopus’ real-time, high-quality data
- RESTful architecture: stateless, scalable, portable and reliable platform
- Standards and specifications support: W3C CORS, Dublin Core, PRISM
- Ease of integration with client applications and/or directly with client web sites
- Variety of supported API response formats
- API responses include links to relevant resources to simplify navigation and access
- Interactive API documentation allows to preview API request and response in any of the supported response formats directly from the Elsevier Developer portal