Ei Patents on Engineering Village gives researchers the tools they need to take advantage of the scientific and technical information found within United States and European Union patent records.
Whether preparing your own patent application, tracking a technology, identifying a potential collaborator or competitor, or simply learning more about the work being done in a particular field, patent documents are an essential source for thorough, successful research.
Why access Patents on Engineering Village?
Engineering Village Patents harnesses the information contained within patent applications and grants from both the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and the European Union Patent Office (EPO).
It leverages engineering-specific vocabulary, US patent classification codes, European Classification system codes, and International Patent Classification system codes, using engineering Village's powerful search tools to produce accurate, relevant results.
- Save valuable time: Easy-to-use search functionality
- Gain at-a-glance knowledge: Faceted results display trends and quickly narrow searches
- Stay up-to-date: Customizable email or RSS alerts
- Streamline research: Personalization options allow collaboration and results management
Did you know?
In Technology fields, the latest developments can initially and sometimes even exclusively be found in patent documents, including critical technical information, legal information, business-relevant data, and public policy related analysis. *
Patents Quick Facts
- Over 12.4 million records from USPTO
- Over 550,000 US patents added per year
- Nearly 200,000 EU patents added each year
- Over 4 million records from EPO
- Link to patent and non-patent references, and citing patents
- Link to full-text patent documents, including prior art