Ei Compendex is the broadest and most complete engineering literature database available in the world. It provides a truly holistic and global view of peer reviewed and indexed publications with over 20 million records from 77 countries across 190 engineering disciplines. Every record is carefully selected and indexed using the Engineering Index Thesaurus to ensure discovery and retrieval of engineering-specific literature that engineering students and professionals can rely on. By using Ei Compendex, engineers can be confident information is relevant, complete, accurate and of high quality.
Compendex source list (January 2018)
Content sources (and counting*)
- 190 engineering disciplines
- 77 countries
- 2,200 publishers
- 3,615 journals
- 330 Open Access titles
- 116 trade magazines
- 95,790 conference proceedings
- 78 book series
- articles in press from 1,369 journals
- 119,273 dissertations
Content size (and counting*)
- 20+ million records >1970
- 11.6 million journal articles
- 6.9 million conference papers
- 27,000 records added weekly
- 1.78 million records from 1884-1969 (Ei Backfile)
* count as of mid-December 2016
Ei Compendex cross-disciplinary areas
Ei Compendex related areas
- Applied Physics, including Optics
- Bioengineering and Biotechnology
- Food Science and Technology
- Materials Science
- Instrumentation, including Medical Devices
Founded in 1884, Engineering Index has recorded virtually every major engineering innovation from around the world. The Engineering Index Backfile provides a comprehensive, historical view of engineering innovations from 1884-1969 with over 1.7 million records digitized from the original print indexes. Combined with Ei Compendex, it provides the most comprehensive overview of the last 130 years of engineering literature and it is available on Engineering Village only.
Why Ei Compendex on Engineering Village
Ei Compendex is indexed specifically for engineers using the Engineering Index Thesaurus, making search results consistently accurate and relevant to engineering research. Engineering Village's powerful search tools leverage Ei Compendex's controlled vocabulary, making it quick and easy for users to refine their searches and gain insight from results.
Other unique features available only on Engineering Village are:
- Citation counts, citation details and author profiles from Scopus
- Publisher search, limit to or exclude feature
- Ei Backfiles for publications between 1884 - 1969
- Articles in press from 1,260 journals
Why Engineering Village
Engineering Village is an essential resource for students, researchers and faculty to stay up-to-date in their field, acquire knowledge in new areas, set up research proposals and write papers. It is the leading information discovery platform specifically designed by and for the engineering community. By using Engineering Village, engineers gain easy access to information and can be confident search results are relevant, complete, accurate and of high quality.
TOP 5 reasons to use Ei Compendex on Engineering Village 1
- Helpful search features
- Improves research success
- Saves time
- Easy to navigate
- Comprehensive search results
1 Survey 902 Engineering Village users
Who uses Engineering Village
About Chemical Business NewsBase (CBNB)
As a leading provider of worldwide chemical business news, CBNB offers timely information essential for tracking trends and developments in the chemical and chemical engineering industry. It includes financial and business data from influential chemical companies, the latest industry R&D news, intelligence on government legislation changes, and analysis of economic trends. With daily updates and over 1.6 million records, CBNB is the premiere news source for chemical business information.
CBNB Quick Facts
- 300+ core trade journals, newspapers and company newsletters
- Covers books, market reports, company reports, press releases and other "grey literature"
- Updated daily
Chimica provides chemistry and chemical engineering researchers with the current and trustworthy information they need to achieve successful results. A database of literature abstracts created specifically for chemistry and chemical engineering research, Chimica indexes the most influential, international chemistry journals. Weekly updates keep engineers stay current with the latest developments in their field, including inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, applied chemistry, analytical chemistry, chemical engineering and general chemistry.
Chimica Quick Facts
- 3.8+ million records from 1970-present
- 180,000+ records added per year
- 511 international chemistry journals
- Updated weekly
- Click here for the Chimica source list