Demystifying eBooks - free webinar
eBooks have been around for years, yet it is sometimes difficult to understand what they are, how to best use them and how they can work with other library resources. In this session, you'll learn what eBooks are and how they can benefit your library.
Our publishing experts share answers to these questions and more:
- What types of book content come in this format?
- How do they work with journals and other library assets?
- What is the difference between full-text, PDF and other formats?
- Can I get collections, single books or just book chapters?
- What can I do to make them discoverable?
- What new technologies are being employed to enhance the content?
You'll also get the perspective of a library professional who shares experiences purchasing and using eBooks and reviews how eBooks are perceived and used by researchers. From this practical viewpoint, learn how you can:
- Establish if eBooks are a good fit for your library
- Determine criteria and considerations before purchase
- Promote eBooks in your library to ensure great usage
Moderator: Marydee Ojala, Editor-in-Chief, Online Searcher magazine
Presenter: Kirsten Chrisman, Director, Publishing Process and Content Innovation in Science and Technology Books, Elsevier
Presenter: Carole Correa-Morris, University Library Head of Acquisitions & Interim Lead for Technical Services, San Jose State University