COVID-19 resources for librarians
The following links provide useful resources for librarians and their users during the COVID-19 pandemic. We will update this page continuously as more information and resources become available.
- The most important consideration is your own health and safety, and that of your family.
- Consult your own country’s medical advice service and do not neglect your mental health.
Setting up remote access for your users
Instruction guide and webinar with Q&A
A webinar focused on remote access will provide step-by-step instructions outlined in a new guide, and will include tips to share with users on various remote options including the benefits of each. To accommodate our global librarians, there are two sessions. Register to view live or receive a link to the recording:
- Elsevier Coronavirus Research Hub - Researchers and data scientists focused on Coronavirus and COVID-19 vaccines and drugs, as well as clinical research, ca1004223n freely access these Elsevier solutions for their work.
- Covid-19 Resource Directory – Information on remote access, textbooks, text and data mining, and healthcare.
- Library Connect – Articles and resources from Elsevier and library organizations updated regularly. Includes resources that you can share with your researchers and clinicians.
- Cell Press COVID-19 Resource Hub – Cell Press policies for submitting papers related to COVID-19 and content about the outbreak as it appears in Cell Press journals.
- Elsevier's Novel Coronavirus Information Center – Elsevier’s free health and medical research on the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) and COVID-19.
- Getting access to Scopus & COVID-19 research – Includes links to 27 how-to video tutorials you can share with Scopus users.
- Coronavirus / COVID-19 Toolkit – Evidence-based content and resources for healthcare professionals from Elsevier's clinical solutions team.
- Author Resilience Center – Resources to share with your authors who are continuing, as much as possible, with their publishing activities.
- Editor Resilience Center – Resources to share with editors who are continuing, as much as possible, with their editing activities.
- The Lancet Resource Centre – A resource to share with health workers and researchers from The Lancet.
- Webinar: Infectious disease outbreak research: insights and trends – A link to a webinar on how research was conducted to uncover the impact of infectious disease outbreaks that can be shared with your users.
- Pure Research Collaborators & Institutions – For Pure users, COVID-19 research collaboration information.
- Elsevier Access Support Center – How to set up remote access for your users to access Elsevier resources.
- Using Digital Commons to address scholarly needs online – 8 examples of libraries hosting conferences, tutorials, podcasts, slideshows, portfolios and more.
- Evolve Expert Teaching Advice & Resources – This free resource center for teachers and faculty provides information and support for teaching remotely during COVID-19 and beyond.