Abstracts for new papers are invited by 31 March 2021
Existing accepted abstracts will automatically be included in the oral and poster programmes as advised.
Authors that have previously been rejected for presentation should not resubmit their abstract.
- Rapid methods for the detection of viruses
- Bioelectronics (including biocomputing, bio-fuel and photovoltaic cells, and electronic noses)
- Commercial biosensors, manufacturing and markets
- DNA- and nucleic acid-based sensors and aptasensors
- Enzyme-based biosensors
- Lab-on-a-chip and multiplexed sensors
- Microfluidics and immobilisation technology
- Smartphone diagnostics, wearable biosensors and mobile health
- Nanobiosensors, nanomaterials & nanoanalytical systems
- Natural & synthetic receptors (including MIPs)
- Organism-, whole cell- and organ-based biosensors
- Printed biosensors and microfabrication
- Novel transducers
- Single molecule detection
- Theranostics, implantable and ingestible sensors
Awards: Submitted abstracts are eligible for the prestigious Biosensors & Bioelectronics Award. A highly-regarded Best Poster Award is given to the poster judged to be the best in each session.
Excellent publication opportunities: Authors of all accepted abstracts are invited to submit full papers for publication in a special issue of Biosensors & Bioelectronics, Biosensors & Bioelectronics: X or Sensing and BioSensing Research, subject to the relevant peer-review process. View special issue information
Successfully submitted abstracts will be acknowledged with an electronic receipt including an abstract reference number, which should be quoted in all correspondence. Allow at least 2 hours for your receipt to be returned to you.
If the paper is accepted, at least one of the authors must register for the conference and present the paper at the conference.
Abstracts of all accepted contributions will be included within the online abstract system which will be distributed to all registered conference participants.
For revisions or queries regarding papers already submitted
If you wish to make any essential revisions to an abstract already submitted, please email the Conference Content Executive, with details of any revisions or queries. Please quote your reference number if you have one.