NuMat 2022 – Welcoming Proposals
We are welcoming proposals from interested parties to chair NuMat 2022. Proposals for 2022 are restricted to Asia Pacific region.
To notify us of your interest to host NuMat 2022, please provide the following information by August 31st, 2020. We will provide feedback on the successful proposal by September 30th 2020 and publicly announce the location of NuMat 2022 at the NuMat 2020 conference in Ghent.
Please provide the following information in your proposal:
- Proposed location (can be defined at a country level– our conference department will assess the suitability of potential areas within the country to host the meeting)
- Proposed chairs. We traditionally have three chairs for each conference
- Proposed scope of the conference including:
- Number and scope of tracks
- Topics to be covered (highlighting how they differ from previous NuMats)
- Any topical interest sessions – these can be specifically of interest to the nuclear materials community or addressing wider research community needs
- Profile of nuclear materials research and development in the region
- Potential supporting organisations and level/type of support they can offer
- Any additional supporting information you feel is relevant to the proposal.
NuMAt 2018 attracted over 500 delegates. The conferences tend to attract a large proportion of early career researchers and students, so please bear this in mind when submitting your proposal.
The Elsevier conference team will provide extensive support for the conference, allowing the chairs to focus their efforts on the scientific content in the conference.
All proposals should be sent directly by email to Joe d’Angelo, Executive Publisher, Elsevier – email@example.com. Proposals will be initially assessed by the Elsevier conference team to assess the suitability of the location, and a board of representatives from the nuclear materials research community will provide further feedback on the proposal they feel is best suited to host NuMat 2022.