Abstract Submission Deadline: 10 December 2018
Oral and poster abstracts are invited on the conference topics listed below and should be submitted using the online abstract submission system.
- Abstract submission guidelines
- Abstract template
- Panel session proposal submission guidelines
- Panel session proposal form
We invite abstracts that explore the intersection of energy and social change. Illustrative examples of appropriate topics include, but are not limited to:
- Societal drivers, dynamics, and outcomes of energy systems change (including social, economic, cultural, or political aspects)
- Public perspectives on and responses to new energy technologies
- Innovations in energy and electricity markets and policy
- Changing landscapes and geographies of energy production, transport, and consumption
- The social practices of energy use, demand, and behavior
- Historical and social analyses of transitions
- Cities, urban energy systems, and urban form and function
- New models of governance and democracy
- Geopolitics of energy transformations
- The energy-poverty nexus, including questions of ethics, justice, and inequality in energy systems change
- Energy innovation and sustainable development
- Enduring and changing relationships of energy, gender, and race
We welcome interdisciplinary contributions from across the social sciences, environmental studies, humanities, and energy research.
For revisions or queries regarding papers already submitted
If you do not receive acknowledgement for your abstract submission or you wish to make any essential revisions to an abstract already submitted, please DO NOT RESUBMIT your abstract, as this may lead to duplication. Please contact the Conference Content Executive with details of any revisions or queries. Please quote your reference number if you have one. Please do not email credit card information under any circumstances.