Late poster abstract submission deadline: 22 June 2018
There is still time to submit an abstract for presentation as a poster at the conference. Abstracts will be considered for posters until 22 June 2018.
Contributions are welcomed from scientists, researchers, engineers and clinicians working in academia, industry and medicine on fields such as orthopaedic surgery, dentistry, biomechanics, biomaterials, soft matter, cosmetic chemistry, biophysics and biomimetics. The topic of research must be predominately tribology and include a biological surface as part of the interface (e.g. articular cartilage, skin) or have a direct impact on biological function (e.g. prosthetic joints, dental implants). Oral and poster presenters will also be invited to submit a full paper to a Special Issue of the journal Biotribology and participate in the ‘ICoBT 2018 Best Paper Award’ competition.
- Medical and industrial applications of biotribology
- Biomimetics: bio-inspired tribology; materials; complex fluids;
- Biotribology testing and modelling: developing test methods; correlation with perception and customer experience; numerical methods
- Prosthetic implants: materials and coatings; implant corrosion; synovial joint tribology; explant analysis;
- Articular cartilage: mechanical and biochemical induced damage; modelling; lubrication mechanisms
- Soft contacts: contact lenses; stents; bio-probes; cells and tissue interaction
- Skin and personal care: creams and cosmetics; shaving products; hair conditioners; wounds and wound healing, haptics, tactile perception, toothpaste
- Oral and dental tribology: tongue-palate interaction; ’mouth-feel’; food texture; multi-phase flow, tooth and implant wear; fretting
- Biomaterials for tribology: artificial cartilage; meniscus; bio-scaffolds
- Tribology in sports: equipment design and development; preparation, deterioration and testing of sport surfaces; grip; player interaction and gait analysis
Successfully submitted abstracts will be acknowledged with an electronic receipt including an abstract reference number, which should be quoted in all correspondence. Allow at least 2 hours for your receipt to be returned to you.
Once the paper is accepted, at least one of the authors must register for the conference and present the paper at the conference.
For revisions or queries regarding papers already submitted
If you do not receive acknowledgement for your abstract submission or you wish to make any essential revisions to an abstract already submitted, please DO NOT RESUBMIT your abstract, as this may lead to duplication. Please email the Conference Content Executive (please do not email credit card information under any circumstances) with details of any revisions or queries. Please quote your reference number if you have one.