Abstract submission deadline for oral presentations: 11 December 2020
Poster abstract submission deadline: 5 February 2021
Oral and poster abstracts are now invited on the following topics. They should be submitted using the online abstract submission system.
- Medical and industrial applications of biotribology
- Biomimetics: bio-inspired tribology; materials; complex fluids
- Biotribology testing and modelling: developing test methods; correlation with perception and customer experience; numerical methods
- Prosthetic implants: materials and coatings; implant corrosion; synovial joint tribology; explant analysis
- Articular cartilage: mechanical and biochemical induced damage; modelling; lubrication mechanisms
- Soft contacts: contact lenses; stents; bio-probes; cells and tissue interaction
- Skin and personal care: creams and cosmetics; shaving products; hair conditioners; wounds and wound healing, haptics, tactile perception, toothpaste
- Oral and dental tribology: tongue-palate interaction; ’mouth-feel’; food texture; multi-phase flow, tooth and implant wear; fretting
- Biomaterials for tribology: artificial cartilage; meniscus; bio-scaffolds
- Tribology in sports: equipment design and development; preparation, deterioration and testing of sport surfaces; grip; player interaction and gait analysis
Successfully submitted abstracts will be acknowledged with an electronic receipt including an abstract reference number, which should be quoted in all correspondence. Allow at least 2 hours for your receipt to be returned to you.
Once the paper is accepted, at least one of the authors must register for the conference and present the paper at the conference.
For revisions or queries regarding papers already submitted
If you do not receive acknowledgement for your abstract submission or you wish to make any essential revisions to an abstract already submitted, please DO NOT RESUBMIT your abstract, as this may lead to duplication. Please email the Conference Content Executive (please do not email credit card information under any circumstances) with details of any revisions or queries. Please quote your reference number if you have one.