2nd International Conference on Applied Surface Science (ICASS)
12-15 June 2017 | Furama Hotel, Dalian, China
ICASS is organized by the journal Applied Surface Science. The conference will provide a forum for researchers in all areas of applied surface science to present their work.
Submit your paper to the Applied Surface Science Special Issue >>
The registration and abstract submission systems are now closed.
Jingguang Chen, Columbia University, USA
Ulrike Diebold, TU Wien, Austria
Miquel Salmeron, Berkeley National Lab, USA
Presentation Title: Structure and reactions on electrode surfaces in ambient gas pressure and under liquids
Qi-Kun Xue, Tsinghua University, China
The main topics of the conference are in line with the most popular areas of research reported in Applied Surface Science, please see the list further down this page.
ICASS will report on and discuss current research on the role and use of surfaces in chemical and physical processes, related to catalysis, electrochemistry, energy, new/functional materials and nanotechnology. Also the various techniques and characterization methods will be discussed.
This is a significant opportunity for you to hear from leading scientists in the area and to network with colleagues in industry and academia to ensure you keep abreast of recent developments in this fast evolving field.
- Surface science of catalysis, electrocatalysis and photocatalysis
- Surface engineering and functionalization
- Functional surfaces and coatings
- Surface science applied to energy conversion and storage
- Surface nanotechnology and devices
- Electrochemistry at surfaces and corrosion protection strategies
- Advances in surface characterization tools
- Environmentally-friendly materials
- Semiconductors – surface and interface
- 2D layered materials and assembling
Join the Conversation
Conference hashtag #icass17