New dates announced: 10th International Colloids Conference postponed to 6-9 December 2020
As the spread of COVID-19 continues and the situation is still uncertain, Elsevier and the Conference Chair have taken the decision to postpone the 10th International Colloids Conference to 6-9 December 2020. The conference will be held at the same venue in Palma, Mallorca, Spain.
We appreciate that with regular news stories and updates about COVID-19 Coronavirus, there are many questions that our delegates and sponsors may have around this year's 10th International Colloids Conference. Please do contact our customer service team or your normal conference contact should you have any other queries or concerns. Additionally, our website is kept up to date so please check back regularly.
We are following the protocols set by the World Health Organization, national and local health authorities, and Elsevier’s own Covid-19 Resource Centre, but it’s a rapidly changing situation. Of course, if the advice changes, globally, nationally or locally, our position will change.
The health and safety of our visitors and staff is our number one priority. We are working closely with the venue to put measures in place that currently include:
- Public Health messaging displayed and shared before and during the event
- Strengthened hygiene measures, increased sanitisation, availability of disinfectants onsite at venue across all public areas and high-volume touchpoints such as:
- Hand sanitiser dispensers in every toilet around the venue
- Attendees strongly encouraged to disinfect their hands in the registration area before entering the event.
- Shared equipment - Microphones, headsets, presentation laptops, clickers to be sanitised between each use
- Hand sanitiser wipes/dispensers at each feature area for all attendees upon entry and exit: Catering areas, poster areas, exhibition areas, and networking drinks reception
- Extra hand sanitizing counters to be placed around the halls
- Extra cleaning staff & increased routine checks
- Strict food hygiene rules are already in place, but extra vigilance will be taken at restaurants and catering outlets at the conference
- Awareness and training of all staff and suppliers on standard personal preventative measures, e.g. personal hygiene, frequency of use of sanitising/disinfection products, etc.
- Daily liaison with the risk assessment teams
Any pre-registered delegates will automatically be transferred to the new conference date in December unless you notify us that you will not be able to attend on those dates. We understand you may be concerned about not being able to attend due to the Coronavirus COVID-19 situation. Rest assured that we will refund your registration fee, with no penalty, should you wish to cancel during the uncertainty of the outbreak.