Colloid and Interface Science is a central science, spanning many disciplines. As such, Colloid and Interface Sciences are key to a wide range of new technologies and new challenges; for example, energy generation and storage, nano-medicine and drug delivery, sensing and diagnostics, advanced materials, climate change and resource efficiency.
This meeting aims to attract international researchers to communicate and share the latest developments in these fast-moving and continually expanding fields.
The conference is being held in Shanghai in recognition of the significant and impressive contributions made by China to Colloid and Interface Sciences. This conference venue will provide Attendees with unique opportunities to meet and learn from each other, to forge new scientific relationships and international collaborations.
Julian Eastoe, University of Bristol, UK
Gengfeng Zheng, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Reasons to attend
- Present your latest research
- Learn from internationally renowned researchers
- Understand the current state of research and the challenges to future discovery
- Meet with international colleagues, make new friends
- Visit the exhibition of leading-edge, commercial technologies
- Grow your professional scientific network
- Meet with fellow scientists from around the world and socialize at the Conference Dinner
- Win the Best Poster Prize
- In your free time explore the dynamic city of Shanghai with strong traditions, a vibrant present and an exciting future
The conference series has published its Gender policy
Young investigator perspectives
Oral slots are available specifically for Young Investigators (PhD students or Post-docs). Young Investigator Perspectives talks should be structured to include clear scientific justifications for the research, new results from the studies and explanations of how the research has advanced the field compared to existing literature. There will be opportunities for these Presenters to contribute Young Investigator Perspectives articles to Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, in consultation with the Editors.
Win the best poster prize
The best Posters will be selected by the Scientific Committee, and prize winners will receive a certificate and free registration for the 2019 conference.
After the conference a selection of articles will be published in the Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, subject to the normal peer review process.
Abstract submission deadline - 2 February 2018
Early bird registration deadline - 6 April 2018