3rd Green & Sustainable Chemistry Conference
13-16 May 2018 | Hotel Intercontinental Berlin, Germany
As the world’s population edges towards 9 billion, the strain on our planet’s resources is progressively increasing. In both the developed and developing world there is a growing demand for food, manufactured goods and improved access to clean water and fuel. The products of human manufacture, even those produced to benefit society, can have negative effects on human health and the environment.
The United Nations General Assembly has addressed these challenges in its Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Contributions of chemistry, both in science and industries, are indispensable to meet the SDGs but such efforts will only be successful if they contribute in a sustainable and not just green manner to sustainability.
Other conferences in this field are focused mainly on the synthesis and technical aspects, however to contribute in a long-term, viable and globally applicable manner to the SDGs a much broader approach and exchange is necessary. The goal of the conference is therefore to bring together international researchers from academia and industry, from authorities and other institutions to communicate and share the latest developments across the broad and diverse fields of green and sustainable chemistry.
Call for Papers
Deadline for submission: 15 December 2017
Abstracts on green and sustainable chemistry related topics that directly relate to the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals are particularly welcome.
- Bioresources – new applications and new capabilities
- Inorganic resources – sustainable use of critical resources and materials
- Waste reduction, waste capture and recycling – examples, opportunities and limitations
- New molecules, materials and products – targeted design for sustainability
- Organic synthesis – recent green developments
- Catalysis – recent developments in bio catalysis, organic and inorganic catalysis
- Photochemistry – photocatalysis, synthesis and solar chemistry
- Renewable energy – conversion and storage
- Green and sustainable pharmacy
- Environmental science and sustainable chemistry
- Cleaner production – legislation and sustainable chemistry
- The UN Sustainable Development Goals and sustainable chemistry
- Industry and sustainable chemistry – focus on start-ups
- New business models
- Circular economy and sustainable chemistry
- Education and sustainable chemistry
Elsevier Foundation Green and Sustainable Chemistry Challenge
Another unique feature of this conference will be the Elsevier Foundation Green and Sustainable Chemistry Challenge
Join the conversation
Conference hashtag #greenchem2018