Travel Awards for Young Electrochemists
The Electrochimica Acta Travel Awards for Young Electrochemists are aimed at encouraging the participation of young electrochemists in the ISE Annual Meetings.
The award is presented in association with the International Society of Electrochemistry.
All applications must be submitted through this site. Unsuccessful candidates can re-apply in a subsequent year, provided that they still meet the requirements.
- The Electrochimica Acta and ISE Travel Awards for Young Electrochemists are donated by Elsevier Ltd. The ISE Travel Awards for Young Electrochemists are donated by the ISE. A maximum of three Electrochimica Acta travel grants and a maximum of eight ISE travel grants are attributed every year to young electrochemists who intend to participate in the ANNUAL MEETING of the Society.
- The applicants must be ISE members. They must have obtained their Ph.D. not earlier than 6 years before the deadline for applications.
- The value of a single Electrochimica Acta Travel Award is € 1000. The value of a single ISE Travel Award is € 1000. Payments are made after the ISE Annual Meeting.
- Candidates should apply on their own behalf; their applications will be considered for both Electrochimica Acta and ISE Travel Awards. The application should be uploaded via the Submission Site and consist of the following items: a curriculum vitae (maximum 5 pages, including list of publications), title and abstract of the research paper the applicant will submit for an oral presentation at the ISE ANNUAL MEETING (maximum 1 page), a maximum of 3 copies of recent research papers, a copy of the Ph.D. diploma (or equivalent) and a maximum of 3 supporting letters. All documents uploaded must be in PDF format.
- Evaluation of the applicants will be made by the four vice-presidents of ISE. The applicants ranked first and second will receive Electrochimica Acta Travel Awards, the applicants ranked third or lower, at most up to tenth, will receive ISE Travel Awards.
- The winners will give oral presentations at the ISE ANNUAL MEETING in the same year in which the award is received. Awardees who fail to present their communications to the ANNUAL MEETING lose their right to the award.
- Recipients of awards are encouraged to submit a manuscript based on their presented research to Electrochimica Acta for publication, subject to peer review.
The value of a single Electrochimica Acta Travel Award and an ISE Travel Award is € 1000. Payments are made after the ISE Annual Meeting. The winner also receives a certificate which is presented to them at the annual ISE.