The Reaxys PhD Prize Symposium
We close every edition of the Reaxys PhD Prize with a symposium that showcases the finalists’ incredible work. It is a celebratory gathering and a great opportunity for the new Prize Club members to introduce themselves.
Reaxys PhD Prize Symposium 2020
For the first time in the 10-year history of the Reaxys PhD Prize, we celebrated the outstanding research of the 45 finalists in a virtual Symposium, which took place from September 30 to October 2.
As always, this celebratory gathering included talks from each of our short-listed speakers as well as poster presentations from all 45 finalists. The keynote speaker was Professor Bruce Lipshutz, a renowned University of California researcher well known for challenging how the world approaches organic chemistry.
- Guest lectures from previous winners and finalists of the Reaxys PhD Prize
- Talks from Reaxys Advisory Board members
- Elevator pitches to accompany the 2020 finalist ePosters
- A presentation from the Reaxys team
- Opportunities to connect and engage in conversation with the finalists and other attendees via the exclusive forum
- Online networking opportunities during the three days of the symposium
- Our largest ever audience with attendees from all previous years of the Reaxys PhD Prize
Other special plans for this 10th anniversary event included:
Catch-up on the Symposium
Presentations from the 3-day event are available to view on demand on the event platform Content Library until December 2020. Catch-up on the inspiring research of our fantastic 2020 finalists and guest speakers by registering today to access this content!
Reaxys PhD Prize Symposium 2019
The 2019 finalists of the Reaxys PhD Prize were invited to showcase their research at the Reaxys PhD Prize Symposium, which was held in Amsterdam on October 3 and 4. The venue for the event was The Koepelkerk, a beautiful 17th century domed church in the heart of the city.
Events at the 2019 Reaxys PhD Prize Symposium included:
- A poster session where all 45 finalists were invited to present their research
- Talks by 10 shortlisted finalists
- Keynote presentations by Prof Véronique Gouverneur, University of Oxford, Prof Dawen Niu (Reaxys PhD Prize winner 2014), Sichuan University, and Dr Andy Chapman (Reaxys PhD Prize finalist 2011)
- The awards ceremony honoring the three winners
- A gala dinner
Find out more about the event, the winners and the excellent presentations in this article, Remembering the Reaxys PhD Prize Symposium 2019.
The symposium is generally in September or October. As part of the commitment to a global reach, previous symposia have been held around the world, in Shanghai (2017), London (2016), Hong Kong (2015), Grindlewald in Switzerland (2013 and 2014), Philadelphia (2012), Bangkok (2011) and Nürnberg (2010).
Below is a selection of photographs from Reaxys PhD Prize Symposiums: