Elsevier Introduces Nine New Life Sciences Books at Experimental Biology 2015 Conference in Boston
Human and comparative reproduction, genomics, regenerative medicine, clinical trials top the list of subjects
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, today announced the publication of the latest edition of Knobil and Neill's Physiology of Reproduction. Elsevier is introducing this updated foundational reference on human and comparative reproduction along with eight other life sciences book titles at the Experimental Biology 2015 conference held in Boston from March 28–April 1, 2015. The new books are part of Elsevier’s life sciences book portfolio and will be on display at booth # 542.
The new edition of the two-volume set, Knobil and Neill's Physiology of Reproduction, edited by Dr. Tony M. Plant and Dr. Anthony J. Zeleznik, has been extensively revised, reflecting numerous fundamental advancements in this rapidly developing field. It provides a common language for researchers across the fields of physiology, endocrinology and biology to discuss their understanding of reproduction. The new edition synthesizes all of this new information at the molecular, cellular and organismal levels of organization and presents modern physiology in a more understandable and comparative context.
Dr. Plant’s research has been focused on the neurobiology of puberty onset, the neuroendocrine control of the menstrual cycle and testis, the endocrine control of spermatogenesis and, most recently, in the cell and molecular biology underlying spermatogonial differentiation. Dr. Zeleznik’s doctoral work was the first to document that a principal action of follicle stimulating hormone in the ovary was to induce LH receptors on granulosa cells, an action that enables the follicle to ovulate and luteinize in response to LH.
The nine new life sciences books are:
- Knobil and Neill's Physiology of Reproduction, Fourth Edition by Tony Plant and Anthony Zeleznik
- Genomic Control Process: Development and Evolution by Isabelle Peter and Eric Davidson
- MicroRNA in Regenerative Medicine by Chandan Sen
- Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow in Biological Processes by Sid Becker and Andrey Kuznetsov
- Re-Engineering Clinical Trials: Best Practices for Streamlining the Development Process by Peter Schueler and Brendan Buckley
- Introductory Experiments on Biomolecules and Their Interactions by Robert DeLong and Qiongqiong Zhou
- Hematology and Coagulation: A Comprehensive Review for Board Preparation, Certification and Clinical Practice by Amer Wahed and Amitava Dasgupta
- MRI Atlas of Pituitary Pathology by Kevin Pantalone, Stephen Jones, Robert Weil and Amir Hamrahian
- Planning a Career in Biomedical and Life Sciences: Making Informed Choices by Avrum Gotlieb
The books are available on the Elsevier Store and on ScienceDirect, Elsevier’s full-text scientific database offering journal articles and book chapters from over 2,500 peer-reviewed journals and more than 33,000 book titles.
At the conference, Elsevier is also launching EBioMedicine, an open-access journal supported by Cell Press and The Lancet. The scope of EBioMedicine will cover the entire breadth of translational and clinical research within all disciplines of life and health sciences, ranging from basic science to clinical and public/global health science. The journal will also place a high priority on rapid publication.
Notes for Editors
Review copies of the books are available to credentialed journalists upon request. Contact Michelle McMahon at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 781 663 2268.
Elsevier is a global information analytics company that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect, Scopus, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancet and Cell, more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray's Anatomy. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a world-leading provider of information and analytics to professionals and business customers, in a wide range of industries. www.elsevier.com
Publicity Manager, Science & Technology Books
+1 781 663 2268