Elsevier Introduces Nine New Life Sciences Books at Experimental Biology 2015 Conference in Boston
Human and comparative reproduction, genomics, regenerative medicine, clinical trials top the list of subjects
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, today announced the publication of the latest edition of Knobil and Neill's Physiology of Reproduction. Elsevier is introducing this updated foundational reference on human and comparative reproduction along with eight other life sciences book titles at the Experimental Biology 2015 conference held in Boston from March 28–April 1, 2015. The new books are part of Elsevier’s life sciences book portfolio and will be on display at booth # 542.
The new edition of the two-volume set, Knobil and Neill's Physiology of Reproduction, edited by Dr. Tony M. Plant and Dr. Anthony J. Zeleznik, has been extensively revised, reflecting numerous fundamental advancements in this rapidly developing field. It provides a common language for researchers across the fields of physiology, endocrinology and biology to discuss their understanding of reproduction. The new edition synthesizes all of this new information at the molecular, cellular and organismal levels of organization and presents modern physiology in a more understandable and comparative context.
Dr. Plant’s research has been focused on the neurobiology of puberty onset, the neuroendocrine control of the menstrual cycle and testis, the endocrine control of spermatogenesis and, most recently, in the cell and molecular biology underlying spermatogonial differentiation. Dr. Zeleznik’s doctoral work was the first to document that a principal action of follicle stimulating hormone in the ovary was to induce LH receptors on granulosa cells, an action that enables the follicle to ovulate and luteinize in response to LH.
The nine new life sciences books are:
- Knobil and Neill's Physiology of Reproduction, Fourth Edition by Tony Plant and Anthony Zeleznik
- Genomic Control Process: Development and Evolution by Isabelle Peter and Eric Davidson
- MicroRNA in Regenerative Medicine by Chandan Sen
- Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow in Biological Processes by Sid Becker and Andrey Kuznetsov
- Re-Engineering Clinical Trials: Best Practices for Streamlining the Development Process by Peter Schueler and Brendan Buckley
- Introductory Experiments on Biomolecules and Their Interactions by Robert DeLong and Qiongqiong Zhou
- Hematology and Coagulation: A Comprehensive Review for Board Preparation, Certification and Clinical Practice by Amer Wahed and Amitava Dasgupta
- MRI Atlas of Pituitary Pathology by Kevin Pantalone, Stephen Jones, Robert Weil and Amir Hamrahian
- Planning a Career in Biomedical and Life Sciences: Making Informed Choices by Avrum Gotlieb
The books are available on the Elsevier Store and on ScienceDirect, Elsevier’s full-text scientific database offering journal articles and book chapters from over 2,500 peer-reviewed journals and more than 33,000 book titles.
At the conference, Elsevier is also launching EBioMedicine, an open-access journal supported by Cell Press and The Lancet. The scope of EBioMedicine will cover the entire breadth of translational and clinical research within all disciplines of life and health sciences, ranging from basic science to clinical and public/global health science. The journal will also place a high priority on rapid publication.
Notes for Editors
Review copies of the books are available to credentialed journalists upon request. Contact Michelle McMahon at email@example.com or +1 781 663 2268.
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of information solutions that enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals, empowering them to make better decisions, deliver better care, and sometimes make groundbreaking discoveries that advance the boundaries of knowledge and human progress. Elsevier provides web-based, digital solutions — among them ScienceDirect, Scopus, Research Intelligence and ClinicalKey— and publishes over 2,500 journals, including The Lancet and Cell, and more than 35,000 book titles, including a number of iconic reference works. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.elsevier.com
Publicity Manager, Science & Technology Books
+1 781 663 2268