Top books coming to ScienceDirect in Energy
We are following up with you on the customized insights report you received last week with a preview of the upcoming books that would be of greatest interest to your users based on the subjects areas they have been reading lately.
Available in 2017
Petroleum Production Engineering, 2nd Edition
By Boyun Guo,, Xinghui Liu and Xuehao Tan
Updates both the new and veteran engineer on how to employ production fundamentals in petroleum engineering to solve real-world challenges.
Well Control for Completions and Interventions
By Howard Crumpton
Provides a training guide focused on well completion and well intervention. Includes coverage of subsea and fracturing operations. Presents proper well kill procedures. Features bonus video material and sample spreadsheets to utilize in real world scenarios. Allows readers to quickly get up-to-speed on today’s regulations post-Macondo for well integrity, barrier management, and other critical operation components, including coiled tubing and hydraulic workovers.
Introduction to Petroleum Biotechnology
By James G. Speight and Nour Shafik El-Gendy
Presents the fundamentals behind petroleum biotechnology for both upstream and downstream oil and gas operations. Provides the latest technology in reservoir recovery using microbial enhanced oil recovery methods. Helps readers gain insight into the current and future application of using biotechnology as a refining and fuel blending method for heavy oil and tar sands.
Preview of Books coming in 2018*
- Survey Data Analysis in Applied Settings
- The World Atlas of Energy
- Fuel Property Estimation and Combustion Process Characterization
- Power System Energy Storage Technologies
- Solar Energy for Cars
- Application of Smart Grid Technologies
- Design of Transient Protection Systems
- Smart Power Distribution Systems
- Classical and Recent Aspects of Power System Optimization
- Modern Control of DC-Based Power Systems
- Sustainable Food Waste-to-Energy Systems
- Simulation of Power System with Renewables
- Urban Energy Systems for Low Carbon Cities
- Solar Energy Handbook
- Energy Efficiency
*Actual book titles may change or move to publication dates outside 2018.