Top books coming to ScienceDirect in Agriculture, Biological and Food Sciences
We are following up with you on the customized insights report you received last week with a preview of the upcoming books that would be of greatest interest to your users based on the subjects areas they have been reading lately.
Available in 2017
Cereal Grains, Assessing and Managing Quality, 2nd Edition
Edited by Colin Wrigley, Ian Batey and Diane Miskelly
Documents the latest research in cereal grains, from their nutraceutical and antioxidant traits, to novel detection methods. Provides a complete and thorough update to the first edition, analyzing the range of major cereal species. Presents detailed advice on the management of cereal quality at each stage of production and processing.
Foodborne Diseases, 3rd Edition
Edited by Christine ER Dodd, Tim Grant Aldsworth and Richard A Stein
Presents principles in disease processes in foodborne illness.Includes hot-topic discussions such as the impact of nanotechnology on food safety. Provides in-depth description of our current understanding of the infectious and toxic pathogens associated with food. Presents cutting-edge research on epigenetics, antimicrobial resistance, and intervention technologies.
Cheese, Chemistry, Physics and Microbiology, 4th Edition
Edited by Paul L. H. McSweeney, Patrick F. Fox, Paul D. Cotter and David W Everett
Features new chapters on Milk for Cheesemaking, Acceleration and Modification of Cheese Ripening, Cheesemaking Technology, Low-Fat and Low Sodium Cheesemaking, and Legislation. Offers practical explanations and solutions to challenges. Content presented is ideal for those learning and practicing the art of cheesemaking at all levels of research and production.
Preview of Books coming in 2018*
- Chemical Analysis of Food
- Water Scarcity and Sustainable Agriculture in Semiarid Environment
- Introduction to Food Toxicology
- Genomics in Food Safety
- Starches for Food Application
- Micronutrients in Human Health
- Nutritional and Health Aspects of Traditional and Ethnic Foods of Nordic Countries
- Senescence Signalling and Control in Plants
- Soil Nematodes of Grasslands in Northern China
- Whooping Cranes: Biology and Conservation of Grus americana
- Pathology of Wildlife and Zoo Animals
- Biodiversity and Climate Change Adaptation in Tropical Islands
- Laticifer Containing Plants
- Swainson’s Handbook of Technical and Quality Management for the Food Manufacturing Sector
- Case Studies in Novel Food Processing Technologies
- Individual Differences in Sensory and Consumer Science
- The Craft Brewing Handbook
- Winemaking Problems Solved
*Actual book titles may change or move to publication dates outside 2018.