Watch and learn how to empower your research with ScienceDirect
Optimize your Search
Using ScienceDirect advanced search allows you to search under more parameters, such as images. When landing on an article, use advanced search to continue searching for additional, relevant articles.
- Expand your search for relevant, related articles from the same journal by using search on ScienceDirect
- Use advanced search to expand your search parameters to include, for example, images.
Understand research context
Content innovations allow the author to better present their research to you as reader. Authors using content innovations in submitted work gives readers a deeper understanding of the research.
- Content innovations allow the author to better present their work to their peers.
- Readers can build a deeper understanding of the research field, and the context of the research, in an interactive, engaging way.
- Greater clarity in understanding in detail what the author is saying.
Discover related articles
More related articles and chapters are shown, relevant to the publication you are reading. Recommended articles appear on the right hand pane, based on similar articles which your peers have read.
- Access additional relevant publications you may otherwise have overlooked.
- Reduce the amount of time required in searching for articles or chapters that guide your research.
- Find additional relevant publications without having to go back to a search engine.
Evaluate article relevance
Multiple features on the article page better enable the reader to determine article relevance. Evaluate the article with altmetrics, the article outline, viewing the record in Scopus and citing articles.
- Evaluate the relevance of the article you have found more quickly, without having to read the entire article first.
- Multiple features around the article on the article page allow you as reader to more rapidly evaluate the publication you've landed on.
Store and share publications
Download the PDF, tables, or images, or export citations to multiple reference managers. Download the PDF, or recommended articles, download a table or image, or export a citation to a reference manager.
- Easily read, store or share relevant publications now, for later reference, or to share with research peers.
- ScienceDirect offers multiple ways for you to interact with the PDF.
- Export the citation to preferred reference managers such as RefWorks or Mendeley.