Our Books Collections
Whether needing to get a broad overview, prepare lecture notes or inform research, your customers can rely on Books on ScienceDirect for easy, instant and DRM-free access. Our books offer award-winning content and comprehensive coverage of the full range of scientific disciplines, including those published under the renowned imprints Academic Press, Woodhead Publishing and W.B. Saunders.
Get a free ebook about new data & methods for informing library collection and acquisition approaches
There are now more than 43,000 books on ScienceDirect, showcasing the knowledge and expertise of more than 1 million respected authors from countries around the globe. Our book titles include textbooks, monographs, books series and handbook volumes as well as major reference works – all carrying the reassuring quality stamp of peer review.
- Leading Elsevier imprints that include monographs, major reference works (MRWs), textbooks, and handbook and book series, such as our critically acclaimed Methods in Enzymology
- Additional Editions available: College, Corporate, Elsevier Masson Health Sciences (French), Spanish Language eBooks and German Medical eBooks
- Browse journals and books on ScienceDirect.
Learn about our publishing plans for new books in 2023:Download book lists
Book title lists:
- All book titles available on ScienceDirect
- Book series volumes, including handbook series
- Major Reference Works (MRWs)
- Frontlist titles for 2023
- Complete listing of all individually sold books
- Books by their subject categories on ScienceDirect
- Book titles no longer available for purchase on ScienceDirect – for purchases made prior to December 31, 2014
* Expected publishing dates on frontlist titles are subject to change.
Book collection & edition lists:
- Freedom Collection Books 2022
- Freedom Collection Books 2023
- All Access Books and Focus Collections
- Educational Textbooks Collections
- College Edition Book Collection - Health and Life Sciences
- College Edition Book Collection - Physical Sciences
- College Edition Book Collection - Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Corporate Edition Book Collection
- Elsevier Masson French Health Sciences Collection
- Spanish Language eBooks Collection
- German Medical eBooks Collection
Backlist book title lists:
- Backlist for 2022
- Backlist for 2021
- Backlist for 2020
- Backlist for 2019
- Backlist for 2018
- Backlist for 2017
- Backlist for 2016
- Backlist for 2015
- Backlist for 2014
- Backlist for 2013
- Backlist for 2012
- Backlist for 2011
- Backlist for 2010
- Backlist for 2009
- Backlist for 2008
- Backlist for 2007
- Backlist for 2006 and older years
Additional book backlist collection lists:
Medical books archive collection lists:
As one of the fastest-growing open access publishers in the world, nearly all of Elsevier’s 2,650+ journals and many of our books now enable open access publishing, including 600 fully OA journals.
Discover all open access publications.
Topics pages on ScienceDirect help users on the path to deeper understanding by connecting them to key topics and unfamiliar terms and concepts.
Subscription, purchasing & payment options
ScienceDirect offers a variety of book subscription and purchasing options.
Options for individuals:
ScienceDirect usage reports
Elsevier is both a COUNTER- and SUSHI-compliant content provider.
Details for both programs can be found on our Usage Reports page.
Get technical support anytime
ScienceDirect users can visit our Support Center for resources about using any of the platform’s features mentioned on this page, get help troubleshooting an issue, ways to contact our Support Team directly and more.