A chemical database that improves R&D productivity
Chemists in every field search for chemistry literature and bioactivity data with Reaxys. Query and filter for chemical substances and reactions with an intuitive interface. And discover more property types than with any other chemistry database.
Start with quick search and customize with query builder — the most powerful query engine in a chemistry database. Reaxys has the largest number of customization options and a transparent query process. You can easily follow your chosen path through to results.
Designed by chemists, Reaxys is more than a fast and flexible chemistry database. It’s a cheminformatics solution that delivers chemistry facts the way chemists need them.
3 workflows to design safe, effective and novel compounds
Discover three critical workflows chemists use to move from scaffold to lead. Get 5-minute videos on SAR analysis, synthesis routes and toxicity profile.Learn more
Take a tour of Reaxys
Combine structure and text (property, reaction, target, etc.) search to find the information you need faster.
Why choose Reaxys for your chemistry research?
Reaxys is built on expert-curated chemistry information and enriched with cutting-edge technology. It is also the leading database for bioactivity data. Scientists in corporate R&D and academia gain actionable insights that lead to innovation, while saving time and money. Reaxys also supports teaching excellence in chemistry education.
Reaxys excerpts and quickly retrieves the most relevant chemical information, so you can:
- Decide how and which compounds to make with confidence
- Find state-of-the-art routes to synthesize molecules with superior properties
- Discover novel molecules with improved activities against specified targets
- Stay current with updates on new chemistry publications and patents
- Find the most reliable vendors of starting materials and intermediates
- Search integrated in-house and external data
By integrating in-house and external data, Reaxys creates a streamlined research workflow. Critical in-house knowledge becomes searchable and actionable. This seamless integration sets Reaxys apart from other chemistry research solutions.
What chemistry content is in Reaxys?
Reaxys contains comprehensive chemistry, medicinal chemistry and pharmacology data. And it indexes chemical information with six taxonomies for an interdisciplinary view. Reaxys offers a broad range of data types from patents, journals and books:
Reaxys also surfaces patents with biological target information and has options to purchase various datasets for applied analytics.
How is searching in Reaxys different than searching in other chemistry databases?
Find accurate answers to chemistry questions faster than with any other database. Better chemistry searches in Reaxys are the result of:
- Options for searching structures, reactions, keywords and property values
- Unique ability to combine structure and text searches
- Best-in-class predictive retrosynthesis planner
- Normalized and linked biological information from patents and journals
- Heatmaps showing the relationships between substances and their targets
- Structure-activity-relationships (SAR) analysis
- More types of property and spectral data than any other chemistry database
- Monthly updates of commercial supplier information
After searching, you can export bioactivity data to visualize and analyze it in your preferred application.
What chemistry questions are chemists answering with Reaxys?
When developing chemical compounds, chemists use Reaxys to answer questions about:
- Synthesis planning
- Predictive retrosynthesis
- Commercial suppliers for starting materials
- Analysis of physico-chemical properties
- Compound-target affinity information
- Toxicology data from in-vitro and in-vivo models
- Competitive landscape
- Novelty search
What our customers say
The significance of Reaxys is that it provides a variety of possible solutions in a comprehensive way.
To the best of my knowledge, Reaxys is the only chemistry-centric database that enables users to access reactions, informational substances, and documents covering the in vitro and in vivo spaces.
We always prefer research methods that get us to the answers faster: specific reaction and property searches such as can be done in Reaxys are very useful to us.