The unique collection of essential chemistry content
Searching multiple databases to find the answers to chemistry questions slows down the research process. What’s more, differences in how search results are returned necessitate more time and effort to be spent on standardization and normalization.
Reaxys uniquely offers content from multiple essential sources through a single user interface. A scientist can search for a substance and directly find information about its physicochemical and bioactive properties, reactions, synthesis and commercial availability as well as retrieving relevant literature, patents and conference abstracts.
Every search accesses:
- ~450 core chemistry journals and textbooks: Reaxys’ core literature is a carefully curated collection of essential titles in organic, inorganic and physical chemistry as well as material science, petro-chemistry, pharmacology, and medicinal and computational chemistry.
- 16,000 chemistry-related periodicals, including conference abstracts: To ensure comprehensive literature searches, Reaxys includes a broad range of content that is relevant for chemists, including minor publications in core fields and major publications in related fields.
- Patents from all the major world offices, including the US and Asia: Reaxys deeply indexes patents on a global scale, going beyond the WO, US and EP content to include Asian language patents from the China, Taiwan, Japan and South Korea offices.
- Substance databases from leading chemicals and cheminformatics companies: Reaxys offers access to databases with experimental and availability information from sources including SigmaAldrich, Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. and WuXi AppTec’s LabNetwork.
- Publicly available substance and literature databases: Results include reliable links to the eMolecules and PubChem databases.
For researchers who need to investigate the bioactive properties of substances, including toxicity and drug-likeness, it’s possible to combine Reaxys Medicinal Chemistry with Reaxys in a single research solution. Together, they stand as a powerful tool to inform decisions in early drug discovery.
Reaxys Medicinal Chemistry gives scientists access to the world’s largest and best-organized database for medicinal chemistry, with normalized and comparable data on structure–activity relationships, toxicity, safety, efficacy and more.
See how Reaxys Medicinal Chemistry works