The Reaxys PhD Prize 2020
Celebrating 10 years of outstanding young chemists
Our mission is to celebrate some of the brightest young minds in chemistry. Now in its 10th year, the Reaxys PhD Prize is a unique global competition open to PhD-level scientists from all research areas related to chemistry. Being a finalist comes with benefits that can help advance your career, connecting you with other ambitious, talented and innovative early-career researchers.
The Reaxys PhD Prize 2020 is planned to celebrate three things: our anniversary, the incredible changes in chemistry research over the past 10 years!
How it works
Anyone who is currently doing or has recently completed a PhD in the chemical sciences is eligible to enter. Generally, submissions come from over 400 academic institutions worldwide.
Overseen by the Advisory Board, our committee of expert reviewers look at all the submissions, applying rigorous selection criteria to select the 40 finalists for that year. These 40 finalists receive:
An invitation to present their research at the Prize Symposium, where 3 winners are selected and awarded the prize money of US$2,000 each
Lifelong membership in the Reaxys Prize Club, a unique international network of 400 chemists from all research areas and career paths
Personal and unlimited access to the rich content of Reaxys and Reaxys Medicinal Chemistry
All 40 finalists are invited to make a poster presentation. The shortlisted top finalists give a talk about their work. Based on that, the 3 winners are selected.
The Reaxys PhD Prize 2020 opened on January 15 and closed on March 11. Join our mailing list to stay up to date about the 2021 competition!
- You must currently be in a PhD program or have completed your PhD after January 1, 2019
- Your PhD topic must be within the chemical sciences. All areas of research are considered eligible.
- A curriculum vitae that includes your research experience, achievements, publications and conference presentations
- A three-page summary of your research including an abstract, appropriate illustrations and outlook (see the FAQ and application form for more details)
- A letter of support submitted directly by your supervisor
Your submission should consist of:
To enter, you must meet the following rules and requirements
Please read the updated Terms and Conditions for further information.
The Review Committee apply rigorous criteria to the review of the applications. These include:
- Clarity of thought and completeness
- Scientific (chemical) tractability
- Impact and importance to field of expertise
- Innovation and originality
- Overall impression
Applicants will be notified about the outcome of the review process towards the end of the second quarter.
If you have any queries about the Reaxys PhD Prize, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you know someone who you think should apply for the Reaxys PhD Prize? You can nominate them to apply once the competition opens again!